Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   5-10 NL funny quads hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537404)

vapourtrail 11-03-2007 05:36 AM

5-10 NL funny quads hand

no reads on villain, sat down a couple of orbits ago and seems standard. played 20%-ish PF. won one small pot with one pair.

10-handed. 5/10$ blinds. NL. cryptologic game. effective stacks a bit more than 1k$

I have 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, I limp.
Villain limps on button
SB folds
BB checks

Flop (35$)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
all check

Turn (35$)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
BB checks
I bet 15$
Button calls 15$
BB folds

River (65$)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
I bet 60$
Button raises all-in to 1k$
I ...

Is this a harder spot than I originally thought? "Surprise ending" coming up ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DanJ. 11-03-2007 05:41 AM

Re: 5-10 NL funny quads hand

umm...i play this so much differently, but as played there is no way in the world i am folding, he could just have AsXx

Bv3 11-03-2007 05:48 AM

he had KK?

jcl 11-03-2007 05:52 AM

u played this hand so bad id raise preflop lead the flop and bet more on turn. i doubt hes making a retarded bluff on this board and we can effectively rule out KK QQ JJ and i doubt he's making this play with As since board is paired and he effectively has the Ks on a normal flushed and paired board. so he has Ts and u deserve it and i no u didnt fold it

SteveyJay 11-03-2007 05:57 AM

i would fold here pretty quick as played

this is Ts about always

Big_Jim 11-03-2007 06:39 AM

I've never folded quads before, but I would fold this pretty easy, I think.

As? lol

Bet the flop all day long.

onedollars 11-03-2007 06:51 AM

I think he has a boat - call

jcl 11-03-2007 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he has a boat - call

[/ QUOTE ]

lol how

vapourtrail 11-03-2007 07:11 AM

hahaha lots of ball busting in here. nobody EVER limps UTG 10-handed with 99? nobody EVER checks a made hand?

anyways, here's my analysis. feel free to disagree. a boat with limped KK/QQ/JJ (6 combos) on the button seems unlikely. maybe he limps in 5% of the time. AT-JT with Ts (13 combos) are likely to limp button. AsXx (41 combos) down to even A2 might limp the button. So more or less he has to be pushing 1/3 of the time whenever he has As or boat to make calling null EV. This is assuming he also pushes Ts.

surprise ending coming up, haha ... i guess not really much deep poker analysis in this hand ... mostly just wanted to share because i thought it was amusing

Big_Jim 11-03-2007 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nobody EVER checks a made hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
This just isn't a good spot to do it on, IMO.

Were you gonna c/r if somebody bet? Do you expect somebody to call you with Kx if you check raise? I suppose this depends a lot on the action, but I just think a c/r is generally too strong here, and c/c can be transparent (as at least 9x) too, depending on the action.

Betting is going to get you a lot more value out of Kx, and most draws aren't gonna fold anyway, I suppose you get more value out of the gutterballs coming in, but they might stick around anyway.

As played, I just don't see him showing up with air nearly often enough, and I don't think he shows up with a worse made hand hardly ever.