Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Is folding correct here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546994)

Munchkin Mayor 11-15-2007 04:59 PM

Is folding correct here?

15-30 game at CP. Typical game there with some TAGs and some gamey fish.

UTG+1 is a donater. His card protector is a plastic bison. He raises. Another guy who doesn't matter calls. Button calls. Hero in SB completes with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Villian (solid aggressive player) in the BB three bets. Everybody calls.

15 small bets to the flop.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Villian bets out. UTG+1 calls. Another caller. Hero peels.

19 small bets to the turn.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Villian bets out. UTG+1 raises. Fold. Hero looks to his left at Villian, sees Villian has lots of chips in his hand. Looks like he is getting ready to 3 town it.

What should Hero do?

BTW, no personal attacks. I am NOT Hero in this post.

PokerBob 11-15-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Is folding correct here?

[ QUOTE ]
15-30 game at CP. Typical game there with some TAGs and some gamey fish.

UTG+1 is a donater. His card protector is a plastic bison. He raises. Another guy who doesn't matter calls. Button calls. Hero in SB completes with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Villian (solid aggressive player) in the BB three bets. Everybody calls.

15 small bets to the flop.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Villian bets out. UTG+1 calls. Another caller. Hero peels.

19 small bets to the turn.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Villian bets out. UTG+1 raises. Fold. Hero looks to his left at Villian, sees Villian has lots of chips in his hand. Looks like he is getting ready to 3 town it.

What should Hero do?

BTW, no personal attacks. I am NOT Hero in this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

call. if BB 3bets, the other guy is almost surely going to just call. So, you will be putting in 3BB on the turn, but there will be basically 15BB in the pot in addition to those 3, so you are getting the right price. You have 8 clean outs, as the Ac is the only dumb card. I suppose that UTG+1 could have Axcc here, but people that stupid are rare. Call and BET the river when you make your hand.

DeuceKicker 11-15-2007 07:31 PM

Many people load up their fists with enough chips to pay off the national debt... then just call. I guess they think they're being clever (they'll also be the ones constantly yelling "all in!" in a limit game).

I'd certainly never fold with correct odds to call two. Besides, even if he's the type who always raises when he grabs a hunk of chips like that, you still have odds to call three.

I agree that Hero should just bet the river if they connect, because they've pretty much turned their hand face up.

cgrohman 11-15-2007 07:42 PM

There is one woman at the bellagio, who when in positon, grabs about a million chips ever time she intends to check and vice versa. its a wonderful tell.

sternroolz 11-15-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is one woman at the bellagio, who when in positon, grabs about a million chips ever time she intends to check and vice versa. its a wonderful tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know who that is [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

andyfox 11-15-2007 08:56 PM

"There is one woman at the bellagio, who when in position . . ."

I've noticed lots of women like this at the Bellagio.

*TT* 11-15-2007 09:21 PM

super easy call, hero has a nice overlay getting 6.75:1 immediate odds, and even if there is a 3-bet hero is getting 5.2:1 - juicy!

chillrob 11-16-2007 11:48 AM

What is the plan if hero does not complete the flush but hits a K or Q on the river?

KitCloudkicker 11-16-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the plan if hero does not complete the flush but hits a K or Q on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure because the turn action hasnt been completed yet