Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   favorite stadium songs? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513940)

BCPVP 10-02-2007 02:50 PM

Re: favorite stadium songs?

When I went to a Packer pre-season game this year, there was a song with no words, just a kickass beat and a guitar that would play something and the crowd in the song would yell it back. I've heard it in the background of the stadium while watching a game on TV too. Anyone know what this song is called/who it's by?

Hollywade 10-02-2007 02:54 PM

This year, I've really been digging that "Go Cubs Go" tune. It's pretty catchy and the whole crowd gets into it.

I also like "Sweet Caroline" after Red Sox games.

In game tunes can be really cool too. When something exciting happens for the home team and they start playing something to jack everybody up, it's pretty cool. My favorite is the clip from that techno song Zombie Nation.

Some of the stuff they play after homeruns is good too. I like the themes from "The Natural" and "Masters of the Universe."

Least favorite: The clip from "Centerfold" they play at Comerica Park. Good song, but way overplayed and not at all exciting at the game.

TheNoodleMan 10-02-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This year, I've really been digging that "Go Cubs Go" tune. It's pretty catchy and the whole crowd gets into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the cubs and hate that song. Its prepackaged garbage. When a team/fans latch on to a song that isn't necessarily about sports its usually cool. When fans start falling for crap that was written specifically to pander to them it sucks.

legend42 10-02-2007 03:15 PM

During the 7th inning stretch of the Saturday night game of the most recent Orioles/Red Sox series at Camden Yards, the Jumbotron displayed a message like "In appreciation of all the Boston fans in attendance tonight..." and starts playing the opening of 'Sweet Caroline'. All the Red Sox fans (who of course outnumber the Os fans by like a 6:1 ratio) get up and are excited to sing, when just as the lyrics are about to begin, the music suddenly shuts off and the Jumbotron flashes "....NOT". And then they come back with their regular John Denver song.

Kinda funny if you were there.

bluef0x 10-02-2007 03:23 PM

Zombie Nation, the old Habs goal song, and Rock N Roll Part II.

Needle77 10-02-2007 03:31 PM

NY Mets: Lazy Mary by Lou Monte.

Ballzack 10-02-2007 04:57 PM

LSU: Louisiana Saturday Night & Hey Baby

TruFloridaGator 10-02-2007 05:11 PM

1)The Swamp - "We Are the Boys"
2)Fenway Park - "Sweet Caroline"

Cubswin 10-02-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its prepackaged garbage. When a team/fans latch on to a song that isn't necessarily about sports its usually cool. When fans start falling for crap that was written specifically to pander to them it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are not old enough to remember the 1984 season. I'm also going to guess that you do not know a Steve Goodman song other than 'Go Cubs Go'.

ThaSaltCracka 10-02-2007 05:24 PM

one of my favorites was hearing "nananana, nananana, hey hey hey, gooood bye!" whenever a pitcher was knocked out of a game.