Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Albatross77 SNG Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539339)

Niggel 11-05-2007 11:39 PM

Albatross77 SNG Strategy

I recently found this article and was pretty confused after I read his article. He is a big winner according to Sharkscope so I don't know what to say about his advise: Strategy Article

I guess he is taking these -EV calls because he expects to have better +EV later on. Is this realistic?

CheeseMoney 11-05-2007 11:43 PM

Re: Albatross77 SNG Strategy

Thats an old article that I wish I'd written in order to get regs to stop pushing into me.

DannyOcean_ 11-05-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let us imagine for a minute you listen to an ICM expert and fold your 9-8. Guess what? Two hands later you’re down to 1250 chips and that same “expert” will be telling you to open the pot by pushing all-in from the button when you’re dealt 9-8! Now does that make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yah its called Fold Equity. It's why one is good and one is bad. Is he really a winning player who advocates this kind of stuff, or is he trying to fleece idiots?

ADLinden 11-06-2007 12:01 AM

lol

AMT 11-06-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let us imagine for a minute you listen to an ICM expert and fold your 9-8. Guess what? Two hands later you’re down to 1250 chips and that same “expert” will be telling you to open the pot by pushing all-in from the button when you’re dealt 9-8! Now does that make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yah its called Fold Equity. It's why one is good and one is bad. Is he really a winning player who advocates this kind of stuff, or is he trying to fleece idiots?

[/ QUOTE ]

liiiitle from column A, liiiitle from column B.

allaboutheu 11-06-2007 12:43 AM

He is actually a pretty darn good player at the lower limits 16s and 27s I believe. His strategy is for sure different from the standard thought to be 'correct' way to play sngs in certain circumstances. He has made his strategy work very well for himself, but I think that the majority of players could not play (winning) poker in this way unless they are excellent at sngs, icm etc etc etc. I attempted to play like he does for a short period of time and was a break even player before reverting back to my standard gameplan.

cliff notes: yes it is realistic, but not unless you really know what your doing and how to correctly use this strategy.

AMT 11-06-2007 01:19 AM

i was kidding, he is a good player, but he still makes many debateable plays. I wouldn't advocate making some of these blatantly bad calls that he advocates at least, for example.

vers 11-06-2007 01:22 AM

I remember him stacking off once with 77 lvl 1 as an overpair in an unraised pot vs me. I think like 246 flop. He bet from MP, I CR from blinds, he shoved... I've seen other weird stuff like that too.

POKEROMGLOL 11-06-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I remember him stacking off once with 77 lvl 1 as an overpair in an unraised pot vs me. I think like 246 flop. He bet from MP, I CR from blinds, he shoved... I've seen other weird stuff like that too.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. overpairs at low limits are usually good ???

vers 11-06-2007 02:00 AM

ve me they are not [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] The way the hand played out there was little chance that he was ahead.