Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bluff this turn and river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516228)

Absolution 10-05-2007 12:06 PM

Bluff this turn and river?

BB seems fairly straight forward so far. He has limped and cold called a bit. I haven't seen him raising often. He has peeled and folded a lot as well. I have been raising a lot this session.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Tryptamean 10-05-2007 12:27 PM

Re: Bluff this turn and river?

I like. If he has a small pp, or 5x,4x type hands, he should have a tough time calling this down. May as well put him to the test. He could also have J6,Q6, or busted clubs that beat you.

Oink 10-05-2007 12:30 PM

People who limps and coldcalls and then donk this kind of flop isnt folding a better hand in my experience. I'd just call turn and fold river UI

Absolution 10-05-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who limps and coldcalls and then donk this kind of flop isnt folding a better hand in my experience. I'd just call turn and fold river UI

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the turn was probably spew against this player type because I need the A on the river to get him to fold. I think once the A hits on the river though I have to bet. If I just called the turn I would have checked through the river (nobody every believes you have it on the river if you've been passive the whole way.) The thing about the turn though is I have a lot of outs and the possibility of a scare card (so you can basically count the As as outs.) So basically this was a good board for a semi-bluff, but I didn't have the right player type to pull it off enough of the time.

numbnuts007 10-05-2007 12:41 PM

I like it. I think a read is important here, but even against an unknown I think it's fine. If I knew the guy had a low wtsd% I think this is a great play.

Tryptamean 10-05-2007 12:44 PM

Have you seen this player showdown a flopped flush draw? Did he play it passively? As a default, I think the player you describe can certainly be capable of playing draws this way.

danzasmack 10-05-2007 01:15 PM

I hate it.

It always costs 3 bets. Hands that you actually DO fold out you can profitably call against, no?

Absolution 10-05-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it.

It always costs 3 bets. Hands that you actually DO fold out you can profitably call against, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to fold out small pairs on the river, which I think is fine given how I've played. I know I say the guy is loose passive, but that board is likely to have hit me, if not on the turn, then the river. I do agree that if he's on a draw I probably have the best hand and the turn and river are good hands for me. Is this a case where, if I had called the turn, I could probably call the river because the A makes it more likely he's bluffing? If he had top pair on the flop, for example, he would probably check the river.