Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   new live 5-5 plo game at bike...big hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556728)

limon 11-28-2007 07:52 PM

new live 5-5 plo game at bike...big hand

plo hi only, super deep plo isnt a daily occurence so i have to admit im a little rusty and may have some fuzzy thinking.
pot is straddled laggy bizarre utg w/ 8k limps, i w/ 3.5k raise to 30 in cutoff w/ 2d3s3d5s, looose passive button w/ 9k makes it 100, utg calls i call.

flop is 378 rainbow. utg checks i check and decide to get in a check raise, button bets 200, utg makes it 600, now utgs range is any 2 pr any set any draw i decide my best play here is to call and reassess the turn. i have a feeling utg wont lead out w. 2pr once i call here. so i call and the button calls putting himself solidly on an overpair, should i assume he has a draw to go w/ it?

turn is a j no flush draw. utg checks as i have hoped, i bet 1500 now button pots it, utg folds set of 7's face up. i decide the button has aa9t cause w/ stax so deep he cant move in in front of the other huge stack w/ jj and i should call, so i do. he actually turns kk9t, we run it twice and i escape w/ a chop but i really felt uneasy about my thought/decision process and feel i need to think about the game a little before going back, thoughts on all streets appreciated.

RoundTower 11-28-2007 08:10 PM

Re: new live 5-5 plo game at bike...big hand

If this game doesn't normally go you can expect people to play really really badly. Not just bad as in normal LA NL games bad but bad because they will overplay hands even more in PLO. Preflop is fine, it is on the loose side but good if your opponents play badly.

I'd definitely expect button to have a draw (even a nut gutshot) when he calls the flop check raise, if he really is terrible then a bare overpair is possible. I think I'd check the turn. You don't get much value from worse, you don't really need to protect your hand against 2 pair or an overpair because they have few outs, and you don't need to spew money off to a set or the straight. Everywhere else in the hand it seems like you are putting in money good or with a good price.

iggymcfly 11-28-2007 08:18 PM

If I don't make any allowances for playing bad just b/c live is boring:

Fold preflop, bet flop, fold to bet and raise. Check turn and if you do bet, fold to the raise.

Other than that you played it perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nohage 11-28-2007 08:19 PM

When the button calls the flop I would put him a draw like 100%. I would toss AAragrag quickly here in his position. Furthermore, just because he 3bets pf, that shouldn't necessarily mean he has a high pair. With deep stacks it's better to 3bet good drawing hands than high pairs. That said, I would play it very slowly when the turn hits, because that is that card means the most likely draw for the button has hit. I would check and re-evaluate, probably c-f.

EDIT: I have assumed you're playing thinking opponents, if these live games are full of donkeys it makes things different ofc. However, I would still put BTN on a straight a lot so check turn.

limon 11-28-2007 08:27 PM

id actually like to hear your analysis...

[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

reasons

[ QUOTE ]
bet flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

reasons

[ QUOTE ]
fold to bet and raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

reasons

[ QUOTE ]
Check turn and if you do bet, fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

reasons?

blumpkin 11-28-2007 08:34 PM

Wait, why should we call the turn raise? (Not that I would have bet the turn, nor played preflop, etc.)

RoundTower 11-28-2007 08:49 PM

think we are priced in to the turn call getting 5-1 with 8 outs, if you put him on an overset even 10% of the time or so it is a fold though.

Rob121 11-28-2007 09:00 PM

is folding this flop really that bad? and wtfs with guy flipping his cards up in the middle of the hand?
i toss this preflop too
i like betting out on the flop. check raising bottom set if it goes raise reraise is just bad news obv. i wouldnt feel very happy about check raising even if button bet and utg cold called. betting the turn is not a good idea. you are very rarely ahead here. you might as well just shove the flop if your going to bet get it in on a j turn. i feel like [censored] so some of this might not make much sense.

Troll_Inc 11-28-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this game doesn't normally go you can expect people to play really really badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure we all have great stories about live Omaha, but mine is hitting the nut flush and having two people raise like 5 times (limit omaha). I kept looking at my cards and the board to make sure that there really was a flush on the board and a straight wasn't possible.

Someone just had some middle flush and another a straight or some other nonsense.

blumpkin 11-28-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think we are priced in to the turn call getting 5-1 with 8 outs, if you put him on an overset even 10% of the time or so it is a fold though.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i see stack sizes now