Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

Iron_Yuppie 03-26-2007 11:01 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[ QUOTE ]
I am in agreement with Luckayluck here; if we don't to fall in the saboteur's trap, vote to get the band back together.

pg. 5.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense from a mercenary role-playing perspective, but this isn't a mercenary role-playing game; I doubt it makes a difference whether we lose the contract or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm re-thinking my above position. Maybe it will have a bad effect on the village if we are not trying to be the best mercenaries we can be. It sounds like something VR and GT1T would do.

Neil S 03-26-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EARLY RESULTS ARE IN (all results subject to change)

villager:
shorty
luckay
iy
fnord
voj
nez

wolf:
km
neil
sighing

still voting chuckles because it's funny

[/ QUOTE ]
So what did you just take the opposite of my list and run with it?

durron597 03-26-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So what did you just take the opposite of my list and run with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, your list sucks, how can KM possibly be a clear villager now

she's not a clear wolf either but that post sucks

Neil S 03-26-2007 11:04 AM

Does anyone actually think that these day decisions are much more than a three way coinflip, such that discussing them is anything more than a complete waste of time and posts?

Eye on the ball, ladies and gentlemen, eye on the ball.

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 11:04 AM

Do you guys see that the saboteur would never expect us to take the pansy route of going back to the main band, page 5? Here are some possible benefits to going back to the main band.

<ul type="square">[*]Receive additional supplies.[*]Someone else is appointed captain and gains special powers.[*]We don't get destroyed by the evil-doers, which you all are taking too lightly. It is possible that if we go forwards, unorganized without captains, we will fall into greater disarray.[*]We don't walk into the saboteur's trap. (The most important thing)[/list]
A vote for page 5 is a vote for victory. Moving on is reckless. You lose your captains, and march on, or search for the evil people who managed to kill the CAPTAINS? Standard moranic belief. The saboteur will only make this worse. Come on, guys, think. Our lives are valuable. We are complete newbies. We are GREEN RECRUITS. WE WILL GET DESTROYED IF WE MOVE ONWARDS WITHOUT A CAPTAIN (storywise). Let's not happy-go-lucky into destruction, okay?

RETREAT!!! This is my brilliant advice.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...pp_(photo).jpg

ONWARDS BACKWARDS TO PAGE 5!

durron597 03-26-2007 11:04 AM

by the way, i am definitely not the seer this game

Zurvan 03-26-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am in agreement with Luckayluck here; if we don't to fall in the saboteur's trap, vote to get the band back together.

pg. 5.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense from a mercenary role-playing perspective, but this isn't a mercenary role-playing game; I doubt it makes a difference whether we lose the contract or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm re-thinking my above position. Maybe it will have a bad effect on the village if we are not trying to be the best mercenaries we can be. It sounds like something VR and GT1T would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think our best result is going to come with whatever they consider to be the best choices for the group in a story sense. WIth some wrinkles thrown in for "fun". I plan to make the choice that is best for the story situation, on the assumption that it will be what is best for the village.

Nez477 03-26-2007 11:05 AM

Neil,

You are playing this game really strange by your standards. WW Tilt? It's not just because you have me on your wolf list, but you've made two posts, one voting me after a first post, which is fine of course, but just doesn't seem like you would think I was a wolf based on that. And then you follow it up with a random list like that.

What's up?

durron597 03-26-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neil,

You are playing this game really strange by your standards. WW Tilt? It's not just because you have me on your wolf list, but you've made two posts, one voting me after a first post, which is fine of course, but just doesn't seem like you would think I was a wolf based on that. And then you follow it up with a random list like that.

What's up?

[/ QUOTE ]

[Neil S]

traz 03-26-2007 11:07 AM

neil is a terrible vote for the rest of the game

Nez477 03-26-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone actually think that these day decisions are much more than a three way coinflip, such that discussing them is anything more than a complete waste of time and posts?

Eye on the ball, ladies and gentlemen, eye on the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why even play this game then?

I personally still think that staying put and finding the evil-doers is the best use of our resources. Seems we might be able to get some random peek or some evil-info or something. Heading back just seems dumb, and I don't know who posted it, but I don't want to piss off our employer. She is wealthy and could use her funds on revenge or whatever too if wee piss her off.

Nez477 03-26-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

Nevermind, Neil is a cleared villager guys.

Neil S 03-26-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neil,

What's up?

[/ QUOTE ]I'm deliberately trying to post less, and to post more effectively, because of persuasive commentary from Zurvan and Herbie. I'm sick of apathy, and the more spew we get from manaics in this game, the more that otherwise useful villagers will get disgusted with the game, half-heartedly read, and not really participate as much as we need to win.

Oh and Durron's a wolf.

wdcbooks 03-26-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a terrible vote until April 13th. Just thought everyone should know.

dmk 03-26-2007 11:10 AM

Iron_Yuppie,

Is it not possible that the queen will reward us greatly if we arrive swiftly to save her queendom?

Neil S 03-26-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why even play this game then?

I personally still think that staying put and finding the evil-doers is the best use of our resources. Seems we might be able to get some random peek or some evil-info or something. Heading back just seems dumb, and I don't know who posted it, but I don't want to piss off our employer. She is wealthy and could use her funds on revenge or whatever too if wee piss her off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why play the game? Because we just need to pick what the saboteur won't pick, and that's a matter of simple game theory. This isn't like a CYOA book, where some choices lead to The End. Therefore all choices advance plot. So it really doesn't matter who gets some special one day power or hindrance, especially this early.

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 11:13 AM

** STRATEGY ROLE-PLAY-UNDERSTANDING-PLOT POST IMPLORING VILLAGE TO VOTE FOR PAGE 5 **

[ QUOTE ]
The band must vote. The captains are dead.

[/ QUOTE ] This indicates that story-wise, whoever did this was powerful and evil beyond belief.
[ QUOTE ]
and have added significant numbers of green recruits, including some after you received the queen’s messenger.

[/ QUOTE ] This is us, the newbies.
[ QUOTE ]
If you choose stay where you are until you locate the evil-doers, turn to page 8.
If you choose to continue to Eleria and investigate on the way, turn to page 32.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are the choices which will cause us to die.
[ QUOTE ]
If you choose to turn around and rejoin the main band, turn to page 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the choice which will cause us to live. Hell, we might not even have a night-kill by the wolves if we choose this option - it will be impossible for the wolves to kill one of us in the main band.

RETREAT, I SAY, REGROUP! Best strategy. Period. Everything else is reckless.

** VOTE FOR PAGE 5 OR YOU ARE A CHUMP **

durron597 03-26-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, traz thinks that whoever i vote first must be a villager

however, he hasn't realized that my reads have actually been pretty good in my last few games.

traz 03-26-2007 11:14 AM

turning around seems like something a coward would say. I ain't not coward yo

traz 03-26-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

neil as a wolf would never make the posts he's made so far. It's just not possible.

And as for your reads...I'll leave that one alone. It's too early to call you names

dmk 03-26-2007 11:15 AM

Durron,

I have probably provided as much or more commentary as anyone you have listed as suspects (or nonsuspects). Do you have no opinion on my alignment?

durron597 03-26-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neil,

What's up?

[/ QUOTE ]I'm deliberately trying to post less, and to post more effectively, because of persuasive commentary from Zurvan and Herbie. I'm sick of apathy, and the more spew we get from manaics in this game, the more that otherwise useful villagers will get disgusted with the game, half-heartedly read, and not really participate as much as we need to win.

Oh and Durron's a wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

where is your defense of your KyrosMother is a villager read?

Zurvan 03-26-2007 11:15 AM

Luckay: would you shut the [censored] up about page 5? We know your opinion. Now drop it.

dmk 03-26-2007 11:17 AM

Zurvan,

He's kind of like a 5 year old in that regard. Its not enough to know that you're hearing him. He needs acknowledgement and reassurance. Kind of like a little puppy.

VoraciousReader 03-26-2007 11:17 AM

There have been some questions about actions. It occurs to me that this statement may be unclear.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone got an individual event night 0. The only other actions were the Fortuneteller peek and the Scouting report.

[/ QUOTE ]

When we refer to "individual events" it will always be something impacting only your personal adventure: advancing or hindering your development. "Actions" on the other hand, are anything impacting another player or the overall game environment.

This means that the priest did not protect, the temptress did not block, etc.

durron597 03-26-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

I have probably provided as much or more commentary as anyone you have listed as suspects (or nonsuspects). Do you have no opinion on my alignment?

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't read you for [censored] anymore

Neil S 03-26-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see the need to defend pre-emptively a read whose correctness is yet unknown.

Zurvan 03-26-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't read you for [censored] anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably a villager. More info Wednesday.

Iron_Yuppie 03-26-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
** STRATEGY ROLE-PLAY-UNDERSTANDING-PLOT POST IMPLORING VILLAGE TO VOTE FOR PAGE 5 **

[ QUOTE ]
The band must vote. The captains are dead.

[/ QUOTE ] This indicates that story-wise, whoever did this was powerful and evil beyond belief.

[/ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows GT1T got the job only because his daddy is the general.

And let's just say it wasn't VR's fighting skills that got her the job either. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

<font color="white"> I am of course referring to her cooking skills </font>

dmk 03-26-2007 11:21 AM

Zurvan,

If you're stating that I am unreadable D1/D2 and completely readable from D3-onward, then I wholeheartedly agree with you.

durron597 03-26-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't see the need to defend pre-emptively a read whose correctness is yet unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Villagers: Zurvan, KM, Bluff?, dmk?

[/ QUOTE ]

note bold. why are those reads "questionable" but your KM read isn't?

durron597 03-26-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

neil as a wolf would never make the posts he's made so far. It's just not possible.

And as for your reads...I'll leave that one alone. It's too early to call you names

[/ QUOTE ]

i helped him with his wolf game in a turbo. i think you are wrong.

traz 03-26-2007 11:25 AM

cool

Nez477 03-26-2007 11:36 AM

I'm not voting for Durron or Voj today.

Currently I like Neil and Books. Although I'm probably influenced by only reading wolf posts of Books for the past week, so me thinking his first post is fishy really means nothing.

MDoranD 03-26-2007 11:54 AM

Nice to wake up to 120 posts in 2 hours. Im glad were keeping this one small.

So far I like zurvan as a wolf, and voj not far behind. Zurvan because hes already swearing at Luckay which just seems forced since we just started and he knows we think he gets angry.

econophile 03-26-2007 11:59 AM

vavavoom

MDoranD 03-26-2007 12:01 PM

i have voted to go to page 8.

econophile 03-26-2007 12:02 PM

i'm just gonna vote for whatever sounds the coolest, unless something really bad happens today.

wdcbooks 03-26-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not voting for Durron or Voj today.

Currently I like Neil and Books. Although I'm probably influenced by only reading wolf posts of Books for the past week, so me thinking his first post is fishy really means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am pretty much tattooed with the wolf hangover effect for the next few games. I will learn to deal with it. I also have given up pretending to have reads until most of day one is gone.

Voj 03-26-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to wake up to 120 posts in 2 hours. Im glad were keeping this one small.

So far I like zurvan as a wolf, and voj not far behind. Zurvan because hes already swearing at Luckay which just seems forced since we just started and he knows we think he gets angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

And voj ??