Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   like i said in previous post, i dont fold KK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557819)

Casper05 11-30-2007 12:37 PM

Re: like i said in previous post, i dont fold KK

shove river wtf

ikestoys 11-30-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this spot sucks. his calling range on the river is obviously much larger than his betting range on the river. So we lose value when we miss a bet, and it's -EV to get stacked all day. I hate check-call, unless villain is capable of turning a small pair into a bluff.

Damn, it might be a check-fold. Even if he shoves, we only have to be good here 33% of the time. However, I never see him betting with worse enough even if he turns some hands into a bluff (like 45s).

Therefore, could pushing be correct? Does the Villain ever slow play 78 on the turn? And even if he does, does he call a river push? The board just gets worse and worse for one pair hands that he could possibly have. Meh, I don't really feel like breaking down his range.

I guess I'm sticking with check-fold. I just don't think he's calling with a worse hand more than 50% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

we call always rely on you for weak-tight advice. Villain is a fish, his calling range is wide, just bet.

dergitarrist 11-30-2007 01:05 PM

Bet more on turn, I c/c river for busted 45o and the like.

If villain is a callingstation-fish I valuebet the river like you did.

Folding to that raise just because a spade got there is insane with the money already in the pot and the little more to call.

scarby 11-30-2007 03:10 PM

The K on the river is either a blessing or disaster here. I would almost have to put him on a set already or two pair by the way he has played this hand. (unless this player was known to chase any and all flush draws). Although, I would have checked raised the turn if I was on the button to protect my hand in case you had the flush draw as well.

Your bet on the river though pot committed yourself. So he has to know you are not folding. So you are calling hoping he has two pair or a smaller set than yours, but knowing he just may have the flush and your screwed.

Or....he had AA and played them really bad!!

bilbo-san 11-30-2007 04:18 PM

Shove river WTF.

Check/call = terrible. Let him check down 99+ and [censored] like 87 and bet flushes. Brilliant.

Bet $40 = terrible. Let him shove flushes and his calling range for $40 is identical to his calling range for $67, or close enough that the EV of shoving is clearly higher. Again, brillaint.

Kala1928 11-30-2007 04:28 PM

AF 0 can surely have any twopair or any set or any pocket pair on any street. Just valuetown river, bet more on flop/turn.

spivey 11-30-2007 04:35 PM

The idea that anyone would c/f this river is just baffling.

rakk 11-30-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove river WTF.

Check/call = terrible. Let him check down 99+ and [censored] like 87 and bet flushes. Brilliant.

Bet $40 = terrible. Let him shove flushes and his calling range for $40 is identical to his calling range for $67, or close enough that the EV of shoving is clearly higher. Again, brillaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good post.

bilbo-san 11-30-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The idea that anyone would c/f this river is just baffling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that checking the river is bad, but c/f is a better line than c/call. Of course, pushing is better than either.

Noam Chomsky 11-30-2007 05:38 PM

this thread is funny. $23 on the turn and shove the river....wtf.