Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA facing heat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552313)

orange 11-22-2007 03:54 PM

AA facing heat

Villan is a TAG. He's on alot of my tables, he's pretty aggro and has been active at this table. He's gotten his stack from isolating this retard, I've gotten mine from 2 large hands (AA on blank board played for stacks and a set v. a 50bb stack).

I don't have a great read on his specific tendencies, he seems to be semi-tricky. He probably views me as a Tighter TAG.

200NL 6max

$500 effective

PF: Hero opens $7 UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], all fold to villan in the SB who calls $6. BB dumps, HU to the flop.

($16) Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan checks, Hero bets $13, Villan check/raises to $45, Hero...?

I'll post latter action if this generates any discussion.

Suwalski 11-22-2007 03:59 PM

Re: AA facing heat

I think this is a pretty easy call, board is drawy, but not THAT drawheavy, it's baiscally a rainbow flop, and if we 3bet flop we're not getting any action from hands we beat. Furthermore we're pretty deep and this will be a good spot to excercise potcontrol.

Turn and river will be a real bitch to play btw. I guess that's why you made the thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

orange 11-22-2007 04:01 PM

Villan is a TAG. He's on alot of my tables, he's pretty aggro and has been active at this table. He's gotten his stack from isolating this retard, I've gotten mine from 2 large hands (AA on blank board played for stacks and a set v. a 50bb stack).

I don't have a great read on his specific tendencies, he seems to be semi-tricky. He probably views me as a Tighter TAG.

200NL 6max

$500 effective

PF: Hero opens $7 UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], all fold to villan in the SB who calls $6. BB dumps, HU to the flop.

($16) Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan checks, Hero bets $13, Villan check/raises to $45, Hero calls $32.

($106) Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan bets $88, Hero...?

Up-grey-de 11-22-2007 04:01 PM

Since you do not have any great reads on him, I would call the flop raise and then revaluate turn. If he keeps firing I would give him cred and fold, until I know more about him.
One thing that is pretty important is to know his preflop reraising range. Some people like to call with 10/JJ/QQ and raise flop. If you discover that he is one of these types, IŽd push obv. But for know IŽd say call flop and fold turn if he keeps firing hard.

Ganon 11-22-2007 04:04 PM

Salut. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tough spot this deep but I think you're being taken to V-town. There is obviously no room for anything but fold or call and I think you have to go for fold.

primate 11-22-2007 04:09 PM

I call the flop raise every time. Any notes on how he plays his sets? I think this is very important. Many TAGS donkbet their sets. This is what it looks like to me, the fact he's firing again.

Ganon 11-22-2007 04:11 PM

Salut. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In case I was being misunderstood: I meant fold on the turn not the flop.

luckybacon 11-22-2007 04:11 PM

he does not have overpairs here i wouldnt think.

Some people def like to play hands trickier when they are this deep and represent sets (such as myself). At these stakes I would think you call this bet and fold to any more river heat. I really dont think hes triple barrelling you after a turn call and I think he gives up here most of the time on the river.

Note: I very rarely like a turn call fold river line if board doesnt change durastically or anything. I think this is a good spot for it

orange 11-22-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call the flop raise every time. Any notes on how he plays his sets? I think this is very important. Many TAGS donkbet their sets. This is what it looks like to me, the fact he's firing again.

[/ QUOTE ]
no notes, i think he would typically c/r them. i think stacks mean alot here, i think 100bb deep he may c/c flop and c/r turn (or donk it) but chose to c/r the flop due to deeper stacks.

so we have a few folds and a few call turn/fold river.

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 04:24 PM

the problem is, i call turn, and tell myself to fold river... And then c all river anyway.