Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Hole in one (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390160)

pokerpansie 04-28-2007 06:19 PM

Re: Hole in one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i still have 6 more to get to tie my grandmother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, i have witnessed 4 of them.....all on the same hole. 17 at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley, CA. She is no longer playing so i might have a chance in hell of catching her.....err, no way, just glad to have one.

tuq 04-28-2007 08:31 PM

I have a shitton of aces. Probably about a dozen. But that's not much of a brag because all but like four came at Presidio Hills, a little pitch-and-putt in old town San Diego, where I spent a lot of time preparing for the Junior World tournament. Those holes range from 50-150 yards, so they're not "full size" holes for the most part. However, all of those came when I was ten years old or younger, so they played longer for me.

The last one I had occurred like three years ago at Arizona Country Club. Hole was playing ~180 with a stiff breeze hurting from the left. The only reason I'm telling this is the events as they unfolded. I hit the shot - it was OK, but probably not my best swing of the day - and it tracked towards the back-right hole location. Then it disappeared. I turned to the member I was playing with and said "I think I made it". Being an unintentional wet blanket, he said "no I think it went off the back". So the cart path wraps around the back of the green and there is no ball to be seen, he puts the pieces together and literally sprints to the hole to find my ball there.

Karma bit him in the ass, though: we finish the round and he tells the pro about my ace. The pro says great, and asks if I want a plaque to commemorate the event. Why not? He then asks if I have the ball so they can mount it. I told him guy, I blew that ball onto 56th St. on the 18th tee, it's gonzo. Anyway, my buddy ended up getting billed $120 on his account for the plaque, exactly $120 more than he thought it would cost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DrVanNostrin 04-28-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The pro says great, and asks if I want a plaque to commemorate the event. Why not? He then asks if I have the ball so they can mount it. I told him guy, I blew that ball onto 56th St. on the 18th tee, it's gonzo. Anyway, my buddy ended up getting billed $120 on his account for the plaque, exactly $120 more than he thought it would cost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's weak on the club/pros part. My friend got one when we were in high school, the owner congratulated him and picked up the tab for the plaque. I always assumed this was standard. Is it?

WLVRYN 04-30-2007 02:49 AM

I have one ace, but it comes with an interesting twist.

#5 at Tijeras Creek in Orange County. It was playing about 150 that day. I was in my first year with my company and was playing with my boss and two clients, none of whom were very good golfers. The shot bounced once and dropped right into the cup.

The twist is on #15, a short par 4, I also dunked a sand wedge from about 100 yards. That was a crazy day, and my clients wouldnt stop talking about it the rest of the project.

ZBTHorton 04-30-2007 06:16 AM

I have two holes in one. 15 holes apart, on the same course, about 18 hours apart.

#1 was a 193 yard 6 iron. I hit a perfect little draw, it landed about 2 feet from the pin on the side of this hill and basically one hopped into the hole.

#2 was the next day, and was a 145 yard knock down 9 iron. I caught it a little thin, it landed on the front of the green and rolled about 8-10 feet. I had stopped watching it roll when one of the guys in my group told me it went in.

Big TR 04-30-2007 10:56 AM

I have one hole in one. I was playing with my dad, uncle and father-in-law. It was a 130 yd par 3, PW landed 20 feet past the hole and it backed up straight into the hole. It was cool, but I didn't get overly excited or anything.

The best part of the story is in the very next foursome, some guy makes a hole in one. Back to back groups with a hole in one. That guy went absolutely bonkers, whooping, carrying on, breaking out his cell phone to call people, etc. We were backed up on the par 5 that followed, so they ended up at the tee box with us. When we told him I just had one too, he went bonkers again.

True North 04-30-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so we have 140 yards or so, home course, 9 iron. The cup is cut right on a ridge so when I hit the shot I thought it lipped out and went over the green. I tossed my club in the bag and he says something like,
"How you get mad when it goes in"

"it didn't go in, it went over the green"

"no it didn't, it's in the cup"

"your telling me that your old eyes are better than mine" (I could say this cause we were very good friends)

"ok whatever"

So we go up to the green, I grab my wedge and putter and storm off to the back of the green. He walked straight up to the cup, pulls my ball out and says, "here, lets go to the next hole"

I was a little too shocked to really yell or jump or whatever, but I couldn't stop smiling.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is essentially the story of my only one.

My wife and I honeymooned in the Maritimes, and while we were on Prince Edward Island, she went along with me as I golfed a couple of the resort courses. So I'm playing the 8th at The Links at Crowbush Cove, 160 yards into the wind. I hit one of my best 5-irons ever, but I lose it as it gets to the green. I can't see it at all on the green, so I assume it went over the back, which was pretty much a wasteland.

My wife gets all excited, and says, "Oh my God, it went in the hole!" and I, being pretty PO'ed that I probably just lost a ball on a par-3, snap at her, saying something to the effect that she must have been seeing things. Sure enough, though, we get to the green, I see the ball mark about three inches in front of the hole, and then I looked down in the hole and there was the ball. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

22pajo 04-30-2007 06:40 PM

Got one but never saw it drop.
Long par 3 water either side, undulating green.
Flag stick visible from tee box but not the cup. Hit a sweet 6 iron to the center of the green and the last i saw the ball was rolling toward the right hand side of the green. turned away happy that i had found the dance floor.
when i approached the green i saw that my ball was no where to be seen. thought "damn, its rolled into the lake". low and behold its at the bottom of the cup.
yipeee

AndysDaddy 04-30-2007 07:00 PM

Mine seems to follow a surprisingly common theme. In 95 I played in a tiny league at a dogshit course in Bellerica, MA. (They've since redesigned - it might be better now). We played the back nine every week (for some reason) from the tips because it was so short - 2000 yards, par 30. But, from the tips the fifth hole was a 219 yard par 3 with a trap protecting most of the front.

My ace was here. Hit a three wood, aiming at the safe part of the green on the far left. Got incredibly lucky with a slight draw (I'm a lefty) and big kick to the right in front of the green. The lay of green is such that the ball disappeared from sight soon after starting to roll towards the cup.

It seemed too hot to me, and I figured it to be well off the back. After the four of us looked over the back for a minute or so, I gave up and looked in the cup: And there it was.

wade17 05-01-2007 02:26 PM

i'm lucky if i get a hole in 5