Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **** OFFICIAL Champions League 2007-08 Thread!***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474265)

THEOSU 11-07-2007 11:43 AM

Re: **** OFFICIAL Champions League 2007-08 Thread!*****

mosdef,

would you prefer he just let it slide or something? or maybe punch the other guy in the face and get a red card on his own accord?

seriously, getting pissed off about something like the celtic player's reaction in lieu of, you know, the attempted leg breaking is asinine.

mosdef 11-07-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mosdef,

would you prefer he just let it slide or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between "letting it slide" and "immediately waving your arms at the referee because maybe he didn't notice and if you jump up and down like a poorly behaved small child then he'll notice". My first reaction is "Wow, that was a brutal foul", not "Now's a chance to get someone throw out of the game! Better throw a temper tantrum!"

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe punch the other guy in the face and get a red card on his own accord?

[/ QUOTE ]

No - I'm not sure why you would think that. Do you believe the only options are histrionics and violence?

[ QUOTE ]
seriously, getting pissed off about something like the celtic player's reaction in lieu of, you know, the attempted leg breaking is asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not pissed off at the guy, it's more of a "roll your eyes" moment that, instead of waiting for a red card the guy's immediate reaction is to make a big scene. It's so childish.

Oski 11-07-2007 12:58 PM

Silly argument.

I'll bet that that tackle looked horrible in live action. The guy was just reacting and it happens that the ref was right next to him. Therefore, its natural that he would appeal to the ref to make sure the foul was seen.

It was an outrageous play, the reaction was mild in comparison.

JaredL 11-07-2007 01:10 PM

Some big matches today. Unfortunately ESPN is once again going with the Man United game instead of a game that should actually be interesting.

I think the good matches are Barcelona - Rangers, Sporting - Roma and Fenerbahce - PSV. The last one is particularly important with those teams in second and third and Fenerbahce up a point. It's a shame that we will never get matches like this here since they always show the big clubs even when they are playing bad teams.

Sevilla basically lock up second with a win and an Arsenal win. That would be fantastic and things look to be turning around from the bad league start and big loss at Arsenal.

THEOSU 11-07-2007 01:52 PM

i deleted the other manyoo-kyieviyeyehv match 10 minutes in. i'm not exactly looking forward to this one. at least barca-rangers is on at 5 on classic.

correia 11-07-2007 02:47 PM

The Sporting/Roma match should be a good one. This is a must-win for Sporting and I think they can do it (they are playing in Lisbon and Totti is out for Roma).

kolotoure 11-07-2007 03:52 PM

Is the Arsenal game on anywhere?

ledders07 11-07-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the Arsenal game on anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

sky sports 1 or 2 but i cba to go down to the pub and watch it

EmpireMaker2 11-07-2007 04:18 PM

Man U is the greatest team ever assembled gg on that avatar bet TSC

ligastar 11-07-2007 04:24 PM

Tevez / Rooney ... beautiful work there.