Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AK...fear of commitment (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542160)

Webster 11-09-2007 03:48 PM

Re: AK...fear of commitment

Fammy has a very good point. I think MOST players out there are donk's and I think a lot of times 2+2ers overestimate their competition.

Look at ME! I don't know what PNL is and have to look it up (I'm a limit player re-tooling) and I have been around a long long time!

This is a hand I have overplayed a LOT and one of the things I have found is that when somebody REALLY wants to pot - it's a good idea to give it to them when I only have top pair!

How often have you NOT given it to them and lost.

Unless some guy has proven he is willing to put in big raises with less then TPTK I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - THIS time.

However I'll make a VERY big note on his future play!

finalboarder 11-09-2007 03:57 PM

EMc I really don't like a fold either, but I'm not sure what else to do. What do we do if we call? c/c turn and river? If we bet again he might reraise all-in. Do you advocate a push? Or is that no good because only hands that beat us will call?

subs 11-09-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EMc I really don't like a fold either, but I'm not sure what else to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

ship it on the flop all day long baby!

Profish2285 11-09-2007 04:16 PM

Flop is relatively dry so there is no need to shove here....or fold. Why we think he cant do this with a weaker king is something I guess I am missing. I call this and see what he does on the turn. If he fires another big bet then I am probably going to give up if he fires a smaller one, I will probably call that too.

z28dreams 11-09-2007 04:29 PM

I also usually call the flop raise here and try to call down to showdown cheaply.

EMc: What are your thoughts on a hand like this?

25nl, 6max

Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP

Preflop:
fold,fold, Hero raises to .85, BTN calls .85

Flop: ($2) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero leads $2, villain raises to $8, Hero ???

In hands like this I feel like there aren't a lot of "2nd best" hands that raise other than A9, maybe T9/98. There aren't too many draws out there either.

AE6 11-09-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does everyone go put on a dress the minute they get raised with TPTK?

[/ QUOTE ]
b/c most of the competition at microstakes is incredibly passive

captfunk99 11-09-2007 04:40 PM

I don't want to play for stacks 150bb deep TPTK without a read here. I'm a nit and I fold here.

wslee00 11-09-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is relatively dry so there is no need to shove here....or fold. Why we think he cant do this with a weaker king is something I guess I am missing. I call this and see what he does on the turn. If he fires another big bet then I am probably going to give up if he fires a smaller one, I will probably call that too.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you're calling the flop, you should most likely be calling the turn and river (as long as the board doesn't get too scary). That said, I don't know - no one is very aggro at 25NL. Call me weak, but I let him have this one and see if he does this frequently.

EMc 11-09-2007 04:46 PM

z,

No reads?

Matt Flynn 11-09-2007 05:27 PM

Hero is in a tough situation. Make your best guess and go with it.

fwiw a couple of things here to think about. Look at this from the opponent's perspective. If you will fold this a lot, he can just raise every time. If he's subtle and only does it 1/4 the time, then unless you play him a lot you won't catch on easily and will fold. Huge steal equity for him.

Also, sometimes you would check this to defend your other checks. If they can punk you every time you check, you got problems. You can get around that by c-betting a lot, which you should do if they'll fold X% (percentages will be given in PNL2 along with some theory [censored]). Or you can defend your check line by checking with some good hands. In micro I'd just bet it, but against stronger opponents you want to think about this stuff.

Matt