Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Paris is out (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422110)

DING-DONG YO 06-09-2007 10:21 AM

Re: Paris is out

You know I hate to pee in ya'll's haterade, but come on.

The county has said it is standard for nonviolent first time misdemeanor offenders to only serve 10% of their jail time. Maybe Paris is being treated worse here because she is a celebrity? Sounds like the judge is a) trying to make an example of her because she is famous, b) doesn't want LA to be perceived as letting a rich white girl off the hook and c) saying [censored] you to the sheriff that let her out without clearing it with the judge first (judges are notorious big babies).

I would be pissed off that the county/city is spending this much time on her. You know how much staff time it takes to deal with a Paris Hilton in jail? You know how careful they have to be to make sure she is safe?

This nonsense is consuming resources that could better be used elsewhere. What a waste. Just let her out of jail and move on.

And once again, so glad I don't live on the west coast.

tiger_hall 06-09-2007 10:48 AM

BBC FTW

Barretboy 06-09-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know I hate to pee in ya'll's haterade, but come on.

The county has said it is standard for nonviolent first time misdemeanor offenders to only serve 10% of their jail time. Maybe Paris is being treated worse here because she is a celebrity? Sounds like the judge is a) trying to make an example of her because she is famous, b) doesn't want LA to be perceived as letting a rich white girl off the hook and c) saying [censored] you to the sheriff that let her out without clearing it with the judge first (judges are notorious big babies).

I would be pissed off that the county/city is spending this much time on her. You know how much staff time it takes to deal with a Paris Hilton in jail? You know how careful they have to be to make sure she is safe?

This nonsense is consuming resources that could better be used elsewhere. What a waste. Just let her out of jail and move on.

And once again, so glad I don't live on the west coast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Celebrity Justice works both ways.

DING-DONG YO 06-09-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Celebrity Justice works both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed it does, menace to society Paris Hilton is sent to jail and humitiliated publicly for her heinous crimes.

OJ (among other murdering celebs) writes books and plays golf.

celeb justice indeed my friend.

Squareview 06-09-2007 11:04 AM

look at daryl strawberrys case, very similar breaking probation 3 times... she sould have 6 months in jail.

diebitter 06-09-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6731143.stm

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else laff at the caption?

betgo 06-09-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dui

[/ QUOTE ]
She was caught driving with a suspended license for the 2nd time. License was suspended for DUI.

Obviously, a lot of wealthy and powerful people get away with breaking the law. Sometimes, they start doing worse and worse stuff. What she did was a lot less serious than what Phil Spector and William Kennedy Smith have been accused of.

Kind of funny how she was throwing a big fit and they let her out after 3 days. Jail was probably a tremendous shock to her.

Of course the whole thing is a big circus and everything. Some of this and similar cases remind me of ancient Rome with the gladiators and so on.

Dire 06-09-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's in a cell by herself in a section of the jail segregated for former police offers, celebrities, etc.. that would be at high risk in the general population. Outside of the Sheriff hoping to star in Paris' next video, I don't see much excess staff time being spent on her.

Labarde 06-09-2007 01:05 PM

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/295316.jpg

Blarg 06-09-2007 01:47 PM

The thing is, her behavior has been very contemptuous of the court and of the law. She's not just doing things she obviously knows are wrong, she is doing them repeatedly after being caught at them, and she's repeatedly not showing up to her hearings either. She's not just someone who made a mistake. She's someone in a very real sense contemptuous of the law and telling the court, under a great deal of a public scrutiny, that it can go shove it up its ass.

This is not people singling Paris out. This is Paris singling Paris out. Repeatedly. She's completely getting what she deserves and has done everything she can to earn.