Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   turn spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496945)

PokerBob 09-09-2007 08:25 AM

turn spot

live game 9 handed
3 limpers to me in the CO and i raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] because i can, an expert 3bets out of the BB, limpers call, i call.

lots to the flop of T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
expert bets, 2 folds, call, i call.

3 to the turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] expert bets, call, my play?

Lestat 09-09-2007 08:42 AM

Re: turn spot

I don't get pre-flop. If you're gonna raise because you can, how do you not 4 bet? You could've, right? Whatever reasons you had to raise 3 limpers the first time, only intensify when it comes back around to you for 3-bets. Only if the limpers are tight enough to fold marginal draws if the BB leads into you on the flop. But they don't seem that type if they called two cold ahead of you pre-flop.

As played, I think you can go either way. I doubt BB has an ace, but if he does, you're beat. If one of the limpers has a ten, so what? If they've got a flush draw, great, but that's two less of your suit to beat a better hand.

The more I think about it, calling seems best.

Crusher19 09-09-2007 08:55 AM

i think calling is the definitely the best play. fold out of the question obviosly on turn, and if you raise you will either knock out an inferior hand or get more action than you're willing to take bye a better hand.

daryn 09-09-2007 12:52 PM

anything but calling is stupid

PartyGirlUK 09-09-2007 02:33 PM

Can't see much of an argument for anything but calling.

Lestat 09-09-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree calling is inferior, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's stupid.

daryn 09-09-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you misunderstand my post?

Lestat 09-09-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, no. I mistyped mine. I meant to say: Calling is inferior, but I wouldn't go so far as to say raising is stupid.

I mean, raising is probably wrong, but OP is either ahead enough times, or has outs to win enough times to where I don't think it's entirely stupid. I see worse plays than this every day.

hoppscot22 09-09-2007 04:08 PM

choose any option that doesnt include raising or folding

daryn 09-09-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, no. I mistyped mine. I meant to say: Calling is inferior, but I wouldn't go so far as to say raising is stupid.

I mean, raising is probably wrong, but OP is either ahead enough times, or has outs to win enough times to where I don't think it's entirely stupid. I see worse plays than this every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you mistyped again? you keep saying calling is inferior. anyway, i agree raising isn't a horrible mistake, but it's just clearly worse than calling, so why do it?