Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sweetest Day -FU Hallmark (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526430)

mrkilla 10-19-2007 08:28 AM

Sweetest Day -FU Hallmark

Its that time of year again, Sweetest Day is upon us!!
[bitch]
Gah, what kind of made up BS is this. I get reminded every year that "Oh Sweetest Day is saturday". Every year I bitch that its some BS made up to sell candy and that V-Day should be enough and she shouldn't expect anything from me.
Does anyone else around here get roped into this BS? If you haven't heard of it obv. don't mention it to your sig. other it's a GD tarp. [/bitch]

ACG2x 10-19-2007 08:33 AM

Re: Sweetest Day -FU Hallmark

This is actually a real day? LMFAO, I kept half thinking my wife was kidding when she mentioned it to me. Thankfully, she thinks it's as stupid as I do, but then again I think V-Day is equally as dumb.

If you need to have a specific day out of the year to tell your SO that you love them and/or give them flowers, that's retarded. How would it make someone feel special if she gets the same [censored] flowers and candy that 10 million other women did on the same day?

mrkilla 10-19-2007 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually a real day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I said the first time she mentioned it to me...
She then kept bringing it up for like a week after that I didn't get her anything. I told her "Stop making up Holidays if you want some flowers I will happily buy them for you but you don't need to create some holiday"

I OFC found out that it was actually true...

solids 10-19-2007 09:22 AM

I've never heard of this "holiday" before.

dlk9s 10-19-2007 09:24 AM

I've never heard anyone complain about "holidays invented by the greeting card companies" before. What a novel gripe.

diddyeinstein 10-19-2007 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard of this "holiday" before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. Sorry OP.

Klompy 10-19-2007 09:31 AM

Start researching every possible manholiday out there and celebrate all of them if she's bringing up dumb ones like this. I've never heard of this holiday before either.

I don't see how she can expect you to participate in this unless you guys celebrated steak and bj day earlier this year.

AmadisSB 10-19-2007 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
candy

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, thanks for making me want candy

Slow Play Ray 10-19-2007 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
an "occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed."

[/ QUOTE ]

give me a break.

mrkilla 10-19-2007 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never heard anyone complain about "holidays invented by the greeting card companies" before. What a novel gripe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it though but come on with with one... V-Day is once a year no need for it to be 2x