Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   no cb 3-handed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535287)

rzk 10-31-2007 11:13 AM

no cb 3-handed

i decided not to make the continuation bet because i think button pretty much calls his whole range here. am i suffering from fps? please diagnose me.

bb is unknown,
btn is 41/13/1.0 539

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

EDIT: changed a suit to make the hand (slightly) more interesting

inferno 10-31-2007 11:19 AM

Re: no cb 3-handed

you have a backdoor nutfd! bet yo

Realyn 10-31-2007 11:21 AM

bet for value, simply as that. if button will call his whole range, hell bet the turn again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oink 10-31-2007 11:27 AM

I'd just bet. Partly for value and partly to take the pot down now or trim the field.

Betting any turn regardless of how many calls

rzk 10-31-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have a backdoor nutfd! bet yo

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason i didn't even notice that. i changed one of the suits to make it just a tiny bit more interesting. does that change anything?

Oink 10-31-2007 11:31 AM

not for me. bd draws loose a lot of value on paired boards

rzk 10-31-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just bet. Partly for value and partly to take the pot down now or trim the field.

Betting any turn regardless of how many calls

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm assuming you'd do that regardless whether or not we have a bdfd on the flop. you'd bet a K turn too if both call on the flop?

Oink 10-31-2007 11:47 AM

rzk

One of the things to consider when 2nd barreling 3 way pots is river action.

When HU its a much more profitable call for you on the river as people take more stabs HU than 3-way and as 1 opponent is less likely to have something than "the 1 opponent out of 2 who bet". (I hope you understand what I am getting at)

So if I check turn 3-ways I will have a much harder time calling a river bet. This on the other hand implies that a turn bet has some "blocking bet" value as it will prevent those scenarios where you fold the best hand on the river.

Another thing about 2nd barreling turn: Its much easier for you to b/f A high 3-way that HU.

So all things considered. Even if it is less likely you have the best hand 3-ways than HU, betting again has som value in a 3-way pot that it doesnt have in a HU pot.

Realyn 10-31-2007 11:48 AM

well, u said button would call the flop like anytime, so it should be ok to bet any turn ? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but more seriously, IMHO the K is pretty good because it improves ur chance to split against a8 a9 or at ... he could have kq, but you should have an easy fold to a raise from button

Oink 10-31-2007 11:49 AM

I agree. The K is a good card. It will possibly even make villains bet an A - which is good regardless of it being a better or worse A. And maybe in some crazy world you get a weak player to fold a low pp.