Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Limit-->NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Flush draw ?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546987)

Webster 11-15-2007 04:49 PM

Flush draw ??

I had this on the micro forum but lets get the ball moving over here. I'll post Q's here from now on to get more action.

NL10

UTG ($2.85)
UTG+1 ($7.08)
MP1 ($3.55)
MP2 ($11.85)
MP3 ($3.75)
CO ($5.95)
Hero ($9.25)
SB ($4.73)
BB ($10.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
5 folds, CO raises to $0.2, Hero calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

tiny raise by CO and I have K8s - I think it's a good call. BUT IT'S SUITED! LOL Should I have raised??

Flop: ($0.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB bets 4.53 , BB calls $4.53, CO folds, Hero calls $4.53.

OK - here is my thinking - there is 9.86 in the pot, I have a draw to a nut flush and two cards to come. I also think that buy calling the BBs call I will not have to worry about putting more money into the pot as he was thinking he would be heads up! So the river would be basically a free card.

I knew the odds were REAL close if I got that free card - I have a 35% chance of hitting a flush with 2 cards to come (1.8 to 1)

HOWEVER - if I miss the turn and he bets more - I will not have the odds - HOWEVER(2) - depending what his bet is I might have to call anyway.

My thinking and my read on the guy says he wants to be heads up with the fish. Fish(SB) as a Low Ace?? BB has ??? bigger ace? flush draw?

Turn: ($14.39) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.9, BB calls $0.90.

Not sure what my thinking was at the time. - Just trying to suck a little more out of him, I feel I should have pushed??

I think it was a newbie bet LOL

River: ($16.19) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $3.62 (All-In), BB folds.

Four on the river made me a little nervous but if he had a set I would have known about it before the river.

Final Pot: 16.19

That is how my pea sized brain was working

Alobar 11-15-2007 05:44 PM

Re: Flush draw ??

I would either just 3 bet or fold PF I think.

flop. I really dont think you are guaranteed to get a free turn card, which is basically what you need, and if one of them has the ace and the other has a FD as well, you are drawing at less outs. Same as if one has a set. There also isnt much money behind, so its not like you can win a bunch more if you hit on the turn. I prolly fold

turn is pretty awful I think. You hit your card, make him put in more money if hes got a set, or a club or 2 pair he feels like drawing to, or just still thinks his Ax is good.

Webster 11-15-2007 07:40 PM

I think the hand depends on knowing he only wanted to be Heads up. I was pretty sure I had him read correctly.

Yea - I did not consider the BB having a flush draw and taking outs away - I felt he had a bigger ace.

Correct about the turn bet LOL Bone head play !!

3-bet PF? Problem there is what if I hit my King? I'm sitting with top pair not great kicker BUT perhaps heads up.

When you say 3bet you mean .30?

Alobar 11-15-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3-bet PF? Problem there is what if I hit my King? I'm sitting with top pair not great kicker BUT perhaps heads up.

When you say 3bet you mean .30?

[/ QUOTE ]

well Im not 3 betting so much because I want to hit a king and win against him post flop with my top pair. Im 3 betting because I have position on someone who minraised (typically a weak play), and chances are good I either win the pot right there, or I take it down with a cbet on the flop. The reason I do it with a hand like K8s as opposed to just any 2 cards (tho, sometimes I do that too) is because it gives me a little something to fall back on should he not just collapse to my aggression. Im going to flop much more positive equitable situations with K8s than random garbage.

When I 3 bet minraises PF, I typically make it 4x their bet, so I would raise to .80 PF (basically a PSB)