Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   tens hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520978)

Chris Daddy Cool 10-11-2007 06:04 PM

tens hand

30/60 6 max stars the other night

i raise T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG. UTG+1 coldcalls. sb folds. bb calls. coldcalling isn't really common in this game, but utg+1's coldcall doesn't really surprise me one way or the other.

flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

bb checks. i bet. utg+1 raises. bb coldcalls. i 3-bet. utg+1 calls. bb now caps. i am fairly sure he is f.o.S. and on a draw.

turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

bb checks. yup, he has a draw. i bet. utg+1 calls. bb calls.

river: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bb now bets. this would be a really retarded bluff by him, but other than something like 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] his hand doesn't make any sense (or a aggressive then weakly played Jack). i am mainly concerned though in that i still think there is a fairly good chance utg+1 actually has a Jack behind me, so i raise.

parlay time: bb's hand range, utg+1's hand range. raise = +EV, yes, no? blah

milesdyson 10-11-2007 06:23 PM

Re: tens hand

64s?

i'd never 3-bet the flop.

i don't think a guy who coldcalls first in is a prime candidate for folding a jack on the river, either. plus i really don't see bb having much other than 6cXc, 64s, or Jx when he donks the river, so i don't think you should try to raise.

Tryptamean 10-11-2007 06:39 PM

i dont understand the flop play

surfdoc 10-11-2007 06:42 PM

I admire the effort and thought process but the BB has got to be a complete retard to bluff into 2 players on this river when you gave gassed at every opportunity the whole hand. I think you see 6cxc very often here. I will say though that he should really checkraise those hands on the river but maybe he doesn't know yet what a relentless value betting machine you are.

DeathDonkey 10-11-2007 06:52 PM

I pretty much disagree entirely with miles. I would always 3 bet the flop, I would always expect BB to be retarded here, and I would expect UTG+1 to cry and fold a jack here. So yeah I think you played the hand well.

-DeathDonkey

ILOVEPOKER929 10-11-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pretty much disagree entirely with miles. I would always 3 bet the flop, I would always expect BB to be retarded here, and I would expect UTG+1 to cry and fold a jack here. So yeah I think you played the hand well.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to guess, I would say that Jx is probably the most common coldcalling hand in villain's spot, and then he raises a Jxx flop and another guy coldcalls, which means even if you are winning there are tons of outs against you. IMO 3betting the flop in this spot is terrible, and I dont think it's debatable. Frankly Im shocked at CDC's play and your post DD. I thought this spot was figured out years ago. I guess not.

Tryptamean 10-11-2007 07:20 PM

Why 3bet the flop? Is this purely for value? Do you expect UTG1 to have a mid pp often enough? Is it to get a reliable reaction from him on the turn (i.e hero can safely b/f?) Does BB's coldcall make you 3bet (good overlay to charge his likely draw the times you are ahead)?

milesdyson 10-11-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say that Jx is probably the most common coldcalling hand in villain's spot, and then he raises a Jxx flop and another guy coldcalls, which means even if you are winning there are tons of outs against you.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i think even 25% equity is optimistic. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

sonartec 10-12-2007 11:08 PM

i think you have way over 25% equity here.

Personally i would add hands like A5 and 67 into his range.

milesdyson 10-13-2007 01:49 AM

i'd love to see you get pokerstove to spit out "way over 25% equity" even including crap like 76