Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL20 fold straight to turn raise (baluga)? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545283)

HonteleJ 11-13-2007 03:57 PM

NL20 fold straight to turn raise (baluga)?

villain is 19.7/5.7/0.9 over 315 hands. Does a passive villain always show up with the flush here?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($6.47)
Button ($24.28)
Hero ($39.29)
BB ($26.89)
UTG ($41.14)
MP ($18.78)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.20, <font color="Gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="Red">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="Gray">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2.

Turn: ($6.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="Red">UTG raises to $9</font>, Hero ?

rothko 11-14-2007 05:39 AM

Re: NL20 fold straight to turn raise (baluga)?

call the turn. you have the nut straight with the third nut flush draw.

HonteleJ 11-14-2007 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call the turn. you have the nut straight with the third nut flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what's my river action on a non diamond river? check/fold?

Shaqalicious 11-14-2007 06:14 AM

call turn 100% of time

re-eval on river.. i check/call any reasonable bet

how do the rest of you feel about a blocking bet of about $10 on the river? i doubt this passive villain would raise it with less than the nut flush, and you get value out of 2 pair etc that may check behind.

HonteleJ 11-14-2007 10:51 AM

Ok, So I called the turn.
Now what is the best river line? c/c or c/f depending on villains bet or b/f?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($6.47)
Button ($24.28)
Hero ($39.29)
BB ($26.89)
UTG ($41.14)
MP ($18.78)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.20, <font color="Gray">3 folds</font>, <font color="Red">Hero raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="Gray">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1.

Flop: ($2.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2.

Turn: ($6.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="Red">Hero bets $4.5</font>, <font color="Red">UTG raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($24.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="Blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="Red">UTG bets $12</font>, Hero ?

vieira10 11-14-2007 10:59 AM

Call the turn, i just cant bring myself to fold this, you have to have a damn good read on him. I just call the river, im not sure if he calls a raise with anything less than a flush.

Sledgejammer 11-14-2007 11:11 AM

It's unlikely he has qdxd so he either has the nuts or you're priced in to draw to your j high flush on the turn anyway. I call the turn and c/c any river.

munkey 11-14-2007 11:18 AM

I agree with 'patrick' not gonna fold this given we have the ace too and some river outs even vs a flush.

Not sure best line on river - I think I c/fold c/c river actually given how passive-nitty he seems - if he doesnt raise his set on the flop and minraises the turn and his call PFR is low I will c/call river as I think set is a decent part of range.

Bit rusty but in summary I'm defintely calling turn and checking river to call or fold.

carpe_diem_111 11-14-2007 02:51 PM

I think checking the river is bad...call on turn is good. Then bet on river and if he raises big then fold. If you check river u represent missed flush also and just dont look so strong so he can bet with nothing. Personally I would bet river and fold to reraise.

matrix 11-14-2007 05:15 PM

baluga theorem is mostly to do with one pair hands.

Briefly it states that if a villain raise your turn bet then your one pair hand is no good.

On the turn we have a nut straight and a redraw to a 2nd nut flush/J high flush - not only that but it's a freaking minraise - we have lots of odds.

bet closer to pot on the wet flop.

I call turn and VB river for ~$18 and fold to a raise.

as played call river.