Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Possibly really bad flop play blind vs blind (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546355)

aislephive 11-14-2007 08:37 PM

Possibly really bad flop play blind vs blind

I've been playing insanely aggressive against this guy, having 3bet him several times and also calling a few of his preflop raises and raising the flop, a few bluffs of mine have been shown down. He probably thinks I'm insane. His stats are like 32/17 and he's a bit donkish but competent. I think he shoves any reasonable draw here, potentially any pair, and who knows what else. My read could be wrong, but I really think he is poised to do something very dumb.

I'm getting like 1.75-1 or so on the flop, and I figure to also have a good amount of outs when behind (I'm even 30% vs KK/QQ), have the best hand sometimes, etc. Is this just flat out spew or does this have merit?

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $543.10
Hero (BB): $394
BTN: $400

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $12

Flop: ($32) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $74</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $527.10 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $304 and is All-In

VitoT 11-14-2007 08:40 PM

Re: Possibly really bad flop play blind vs blind

re-raise pre. as played, fold to the push post-flop.

Gimli_ 11-14-2007 08:44 PM

Do not like

LouisCyphre 11-14-2007 09:13 PM

I like the flop raise but I had the call.
What range do you give the SB that this could be profitable?

ArturiusX 11-14-2007 09:36 PM

I'd rather smooth this flop. As played, meh, I fold. I'd much rather call with AK.

terp 11-14-2007 09:42 PM

i think his initial flop bet sizing is fairly telling as wanting to b3b, but this could be too site/player specific to get a great read on.

i don't *hate* this but we definitely look fishy no matter where the pot ships

dagreez 11-14-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably thinks I'm insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would confirm that. Um wait for a + ev situation? I don't even like being the shover here with your image let alone calling off a stack waadafuuhh?.

Triumph36 11-14-2007 11:20 PM

when his AK high wins he will own your soul for the rest of your life.

this is one of those calls you feel great about when you snap call it, and then realize 2 seconds later you totally missed the fact that you are not even close to ahead of his range

FireStorm 11-14-2007 11:35 PM

Looks like you will run into too many instances of AK/AQ/6hXh/pair+draw for this to be profitable. I know it's a bad line, but "find a better spot" seems to apply here (read: this guy will likely play overaggro against you in the future when your spot is actually +EV)

d2themfi 11-14-2007 11:37 PM

what triumph said