Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Double gutshot turn vs passive (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549126)

NinaWilliams 11-18-2007 06:02 PM

Double gutshot turn vs passive

Villain is pretty loose passive. 50/10/0.54 after about 250. No other reads.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero

BryanC 11-18-2007 06:13 PM

Re: Double gutshot turn vs passive

I wouldnt count the 7s as full outs and I dont think hes gonna fold much so I check

TheHip41 11-18-2007 06:19 PM

I just check and take a free card.

If you have a read that they call the flop on nothing, and fold the turn, then bet.

acehole60 11-18-2007 06:21 PM

I check. I find myself checking here almost always when I have outs.

Oink 11-18-2007 06:29 PM

I bet. We are still ahead of a lot of draws that will bluff the river.

So a bet does not only have some semibluffing value it also has some blocking bet value.

If I had a similar hand with A high and maybe K high (I dunno about K high) I would check and call a blank river.

BryanC 11-18-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet. We are still ahead of a lot of draws that will bluff the river.

So a bet does not only have some semibluffing value it also has some blocking bet value.

If I had a similar hand with A high and maybe K high (I dunno about K high) I would check and call a blank

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a very good point. Getting him to bet the river is good when we hit though, but suppose more often we're gonna miss and have to fold.

What river cards will you bet again if he calls turn and then checks to you when we have missed, if any?.

Oink 11-18-2007 07:20 PM

I am not bluffing any river

We beat his missed draws and he isnt folding a pair

Sushiglutton 11-18-2007 07:28 PM

I take the FC. With K-high I tend to bet, but now I don't see enough show-down value.

BryanC 11-18-2007 07:31 PM

ok, thought maybe itd be worth betting at an ace or a king to fold out any weak pairs in his range but never mind. Not something Id usualy do but you seem more aggro than me

think I just learned something anyway, I shud probably be betting the turn more often

frenchpignouf 11-18-2007 07:32 PM

I bet the turn. The price of betting is around 0.6 BB, for a pot of 3.5 BB it's cheap. I bet the river with 2 or 3, there is QJ, K7, K8, KJ, KQ, maybe A7 A8 and several fd, I dunno if it is enough.