Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Spartan Workout (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393415)

death_blooms 05-02-2007 01:40 AM

Spartan Workout

Has anyone worked with this or known anyone who has? It is:

* 25 pull-ups
* 50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
* 50 push-ups
* 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
* 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
* 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
* 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps

I have read the goal is to have this under 20 minutes?

The 300 workout

Thremp 05-02-2007 04:11 AM

Re: Spartan Workout

This whole thing is so ghey it should avoid all conversation. No one in the movie did this as an actual workout. They almost all juiced and did a semi-crossfit program which is actually pretty poorly designed for their goals as they have no performance goals in mind, only mass.

So to sum it up:
1) The workout they put them on sucked.
2) They juiced.
3) That workout won't make you look like that.
4) I hate these threads cause they're just really really bad.

StaticShock 05-02-2007 04:26 AM

What Thremp said.

death_blooms 05-02-2007 07:15 AM

Well thanks for your input once again and I am not one of the people that thinks that workout would automatically make me look like that, currently I look fine, I'm 6'4" 230 with 11% bf so I'm not really worried what will get me cut. I was mainly curious to see if anyone had done such a workout.

Colt McCoy 05-02-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thing is so ghey it should avoid all conversation. No one in the movie did this as an actual workout. They almost all juiced and did a semi-crossfit program and then had special effects people make their bodies look that way.

So to sum it up:
1) The workout they put them on sucked.
2) They juiced.
3) That workout won't make you look like that.
4) I hate these threads cause they're just really really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hendricks433 05-02-2007 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and then had special effects people make their bodies look that way.

[/ QUOTE ] this is not true and the workout they did wasnt what you listed. That was a one time thing that they had to try and only half of them ended up doing all of it. The actual workout they did was constantly changing stuff everyday and doing all sorts of pull ups, push ups, kettle bell work, deadlifts, tire pulls and flips(idk the word, but they flip a giant tire for a certain length and other things. Theres a video somewhere to give you an idea but its impossible to duplicate unless you go to the place they trained.

Doug Funnie II 05-02-2007 09:28 AM

The people capable of completing such a workout in 20 minutes probably know that they shouldn't be working out that way.

Colt McCoy 05-02-2007 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and then had special effects people make their bodies look that way.

[/ QUOTE ] this is not true and the workout they did wasnt what you listed. That was a one time thing that they had to try and only half of them ended up doing all of it. The actual workout they did was constantly changing stuff everyday and doing all sorts of pull ups, push ups, kettle bell work, deadlifts, tire pulls and flips(idk the word, but they flip a giant tire for a certain length and other things. Theres a video somewhere to give you an idea but its impossible to duplicate unless you go to the place they trained.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this how? I saw it one some "making of" show where they showed them doing it. They definitely made them look better than they did live.

mattnxtc 05-02-2007 10:17 AM

From what I heard in interviews, they did some shading of the abs for definition, but that was supposed to be all the extra help they got. Dunno if it is true or not.

I would be interested to see where you heard that they were all on roids. I dont doubt yall just wondering where you heard it from?

death_blooms 05-02-2007 10:37 AM

Interview in Men's Health with Gerard Butler from 300