Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ron Paul raises 4.3M in 24 hours online (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539832)

captZEEbo 11-06-2007 04:45 PM

Ron Paul raises 4.3M in 24 hours online

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...989&page=1

Ron Paul unstoppable!

rwesty 11-06-2007 05:09 PM

Re: Ron Paul raises 4.3M in 24 hours online

Paul Calls $4M Haul 'Remarkable'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...332&page=1

This article is very good.

kidpokeher 11-06-2007 05:12 PM

The biggest surprise is this made news.

captZEEbo 11-06-2007 05:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd1kLATVljY
cnn coverage

lehighguy 11-06-2007 05:18 PM

The funny thing is Paul probably doesn't even know this was going to happen or what Nov 5th is.

AzDesertRat 11-06-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing is Paul probably doesn't even know this was going to happen or what Nov 5th is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he did http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21646939/ From article

[ QUOTE ]
Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said the effort began independently about two months ago at the hands of Paul’s backers. He said Paul picked up on the movement, mentioning it in speeches and interviews.

“It’s been kind of building up virally,” Benton said.

[/ QUOTE ]

SleeperHE 11-06-2007 05:26 PM

Excellent Ron Paul interview with Sam Donaldson on ABC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YRh3SOnrxg

ALawPoker 11-06-2007 05:44 PM

RON HAUL!!!

AlexM 11-06-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty hard for the media to ignore the biggest politics story of the week, no matter how much they might want to.

tolbiny 11-06-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent Ron Paul interview with Sam Donaldson on ABC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YRh3SOnrxg

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you put a price tag on a 7 min interview? Hopefully there will be another money bomb organized for a day or two before the New Hampshire primaries, the money would have to be spent on later ones but the coverage would be invaluable.

Borodog 11-06-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty hard for the media to ignore the biggest politics story of the week, no matter how much they might want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still not a peep on Fox, so far as I know.

Case Closed 11-06-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw one clip of him on fox earlier today. I only caught probably the last half of the interview. They asked him about the fund raising then asked him how he would deal with Pakistan if he was president. He responded quite well and stated something along the lines of him not being a president who would support a military dictator and he would stop the government funding to them.

Borodog 11-06-2007 06:47 PM

Thanks, good to know.

Would appreciate a youtube of that interview if anyone has it. I can't seem to find anything.

jafeather 11-06-2007 06:48 PM

This is an interesting happening. It will be even more interesting to see how his campaign chooses to use these funds and whether he can become more of a contender because of it.

Taso 11-06-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, good to know.

Would appreciate a youtube of that interview if anyone has it. I can't seem to find anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was linked to in the Ron Paul videos thread, its in there somewhere, towards the end maybe.

Borodog 11-06-2007 06:55 PM

Ah! Got it. Thanks again.

Ron Burgundy 11-06-2007 07:01 PM

Turn on MSNBC right now! Tucker, as usual, is the only msm guy who cares about RP.

AlexM 11-06-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Took them forever and it's in the middle of a pack of stories, but they finally got it up:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308404,00.html

qwnu 11-06-2007 10:43 PM

Salon's featured article at the moment is Ron Paul's Internet cha-ching.

Also, Glenn Greenwald has a long and interesting post on The Ron Paul Phenomenon. Great analysis, as always, including some comparisons to Dean in 2004.

Moseley 11-07-2007 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fox = Neocon.

ALawPoker 11-07-2007 10:20 AM

Nah, fair, balanced, and unafraid.

Coco 11-07-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of this great news for all of the Ron Paul, blessed be His name, supporters out there, it need be pointed out that to keep up the momentum of the Ron Paul, blessed be His name, campaign that He is the VICTIM of everything of and everyone in power.

In fact, Ron Paul, blessed be His name, supporters should suppress this story. Force the evil MSM to go back to ignoring him-- if they begin to champion the Prophet's actions, ideas and accomplishments, many of the people who are now learning about Him may start to ignore Him and His glorious message.

We must band together as one to get Ron Paul's, blessed be His name, name out of the MSM. We can not let them get in the way of His movement. Write the NY Times, Faux News, Corrupt News Network and all of the rest of them to get Ron Paul, blessed be His name, off the air. We should attack Ron Paul, blessed be His name, on these MSM outlets if only to garner more support for Him. If those evildoers continue to give Him airtime I fear the blessed one may lose this momentum.

May Ron Paul, blessed be His name, bless you and guide you. May He show greatness and do favor unto you. May He show you kindness and grant you peace.

tolbiny 11-07-2007 11:00 AM

Peter Schiff sent out an email to his entire client base asking not only for donations but for the max donation from all of them.

manbearpig 11-07-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, Glenn Greenwald has a long and interesting post on The Ron Paul Phenomenon. Great analysis, as always, including some comparisons to Dean in 2004.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did get hammered in the comments section though. I have read through a dozen pages or so and its ugly.

Borodog 11-07-2007 01:46 PM

Lol@antipaultrolls

zasterguava 11-07-2007 02:14 PM

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Ron Paul. But, I do find it exciting that people really care and there is a lot of support for someone who (to my knowledge) takes a non-interventionist stance on foreign policy. I heard he supported the mass-murder of Afghani civilians but I;m not uncertain.

Borodog 11-07-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard he supported the mass-murder of Afghani civilians but I;m not uncertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no.

mjkidd 11-07-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't say I'm a huge fan of Ron Paul. But, I do find it exciting that people really care and there is a lot of support for someone who (to my knowledge) takes a non-interventionist stance on foreign policy. I heard he supported the mass-murder of Afghani civilians but I;m not uncertain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please be more specific. When did this mass murder of Afghan civilians take place, and who perpetrated the mass homicide? When did RP declare his support for the murders? Did he actually take part personally in the killings?

zasterguava 11-07-2007 02:27 PM

lol. sorry i was just reading an attack on the 2001 Afghanistan war which made me use the term 'mass murder'. By voting for the war in afghanistan a consequence is that he supported the blockage of aid to afghan civilians ordered by the US which led to mass-starvation.

MC Chris 11-07-2007 02:27 PM

i squashed a mosquito the other day so you could say that i helped battle malaria

Borodog 11-07-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. sorry i was just reading an attack on the 2001 Afghanistan war which made me use the term 'mass murder'. By voting for the war in afghanistan a consequence is that he supported the blockage of aid to afghan civilians ordered by the US which led to mass-starvation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This logic makes you a murderer for refusing to help the starving African children with flies on their eyes.

zasterguava 11-07-2007 02:49 PM

no, the refusal of Ron Paul to reject a US war against Afghanistan directly conrtibuted to what was predictably (based on all the other US aided foreign interventions)a poorly conceived horrendous unnecessary use of state power against a foreign populous.

if i supported a US intervention in Africa based on false premises and imperial ambitions then yes the logic still works.

MC Chris 11-07-2007 02:57 PM

i thought one was hard pressed to find people against the afghanistan war. i mean obviously iraq is a joke but i thought both sides were in favor of an afghanistan war at the time, because it was necessary.

either way your argument is a joke.

Scary_Tiger 11-07-2007 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, the refusal of Ron Paul to reject a US war against Afghanistan directly conrtibuted to what was predictably (based on all the other US aided foreign interventions)a poorly conceived horrendous unnecessary use of state power against a foreign populous.

if i supported a US intervention in Africa based on false premises and imperial ambitions then yes the logic still works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh so clearly support one of the candidates that didn't support intervention in Afghanistan or going after Osama.

*crickets*

[ QUOTE ]
The totals in the House of Representatives were: 420 Ayes, 1 Nay and 10 Not Voting (the Nay was Barbara Lee - D-CA).

The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig - R and Jesse Helms - R).

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry Craig for President?

Borodog 11-07-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. What you said is that by supporting the stoppage of US aid he caused deaths. Dr. Paul has no positive obligation to forcibly extract taxpayer money from US citizens to expend on foreign "charity" (I would argue that it isn't really charity at all; charity comes from giving of your own resources, not somebody else's that you've first stolen).

wtfsvi 11-07-2007 03:11 PM

He said the blockage of aid ordered by the US. Not the blockage of US aid.

Borodog 11-07-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He said the blockage of aid ordered by the US. Not the blockage of US aid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, my bad. My apologies.

In any event, he supported the use of force against the Taliban regime and Al Queda, not a blockade against civillian aid.

For what it's worth, Dr. Paul thinks the Afghan war has turned into the same type of boondoggle as the Iraq one, and wants out of there as well.

ikestoys 11-07-2007 03:28 PM

wow.... 4.3M in one day.

thats really impressive, its almost like it was orchestrated.

Bedreviter 11-07-2007 03:32 PM

And a new one coming up in just a few days: http://www.thisnovember11th.com/

AlexM 11-07-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow.... 4.3M in one day.

thats really impressive, its almost like it was orchestrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the man could crap gold and you wouldn't be impressed. We know.