Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL50: AQ in BB versus LAG+bunch of TAG callers. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536385)

Check_The_Nuts 11-01-2007 07:13 PM

NL50: AQ in BB versus LAG+bunch of TAG callers.

LAG opener is like 30/29 or something crazy. I don't blame him because the entire table is pretty nitty. All those cold callers are your standard TAGs.

All streets are interesting and could be debated, although I'm fairly certain checking the flop is my best option. On the turn I think things get really tricky whether I want to crai or bet or check/call.

My stats are fairly standard TAG I think. Wasn't at this table for long, you can probably guess why:

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($68.05)
Button ($63.90)
SB ($48.10)
Hero ($52.50)
UTG ($60.90)
MP ($13)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($8) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($20) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $44.5 (All-In)</font>

thizzSantaCruz 11-01-2007 07:29 PM

Re: NL50: AQ in BB versus LAG+bunch of TAG callers.

i like a 3 bet pf. besides that seems good. i take it checking the flop is to avoid the c/r.

bsball8806 11-01-2007 07:35 PM

I don't mind the c/c on the flop, but I like leading out the turn. If you bet out on the turn, you may get it all in against KQ or the like, whereas if you c/r, they may fold, or you they may check behind, causing you to miss one street of value.

Check_The_Nuts 11-01-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like a 3 bet pf. besides that seems good. i take it checking the flop is to avoid the c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't reraise preflop because playing AQo postflop OOP against one tag would be extremely difficult. OK It would be impossible, I'd basically have to check/fold. Also if they shove preflop I'm usually behind so I don't think reraising pre is a good idea.

If others disagree let me know.

Leading this flop seems bad to me for several reasons but I'd prefer someone come and defend a flop donk if that's a viable line.

whyzze 11-01-2007 07:36 PM

squeeeeeeeeeezzzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bsball8806 11-01-2007 07:37 PM

I like your cold call preflop. There's a raise and 2 callers in front of you, and chances are at least one of them will call (raiser may 4bet you). This will cause you to be OOP basically the entire hand. Plus, you have to fold to a shove from any of them.

Khaos4k 11-01-2007 07:43 PM

So the alternative is to play against the TAG and 2 other villains? What are you hoping to accomplish with this?

Check_The_Nuts 11-01-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not cool.

why.

Hail Eris 11-01-2007 07:44 PM

I 3bet PF for obvious reasons, but the way you got to this flop, you should definitely C/R. He's a LAG, so his range to cbet here is wider than it would be for most people. A C/R is good here because you can see what the TAGs decide to do, and if they flatcall or fold, you can just bomb this flop. I don't know why you decided to just call, but I'm sure you're ahead of his calling range, you're charging a ton of different draws, and you could have any of those draws yourself.

whyzze 11-01-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not cool.

why.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ oop multiway really suck. There is already a bunch of money in the pot, and with TAGs putting it in, its basically dead money. You are crushing the LAGs range too. Just 3bet and take it down there. Obviously fold to a 4bet.

As played, c/r the flop...maybe even lead. This board is very drawy, cant let this street go by without charging a price.