Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   PT/PAHD Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548740)

onoble 11-18-2007 02:49 AM

PT/PAHD Question

Whats the difference between:

cold call preflop and call preflop raise?

Johnes Benjamin 11-18-2007 02:53 AM

Re: PT/PAHD Question

probably ont the best person to answer this b/c I'm not 100$ sure but I think cold call is calling when there has been a reraise

Chargers In 07 11-18-2007 03:10 AM

Cold calling is calling a raise not from the blinds after somebody raises preflop. Call raise preflop includes the blinds.

GiantBuddha 11-18-2007 03:34 AM

Or limp/calling would not be a cold call. To call cold means to call without having any money previously invested.

toymach776 11-18-2007 06:11 AM

not much. cold calling is calling a raise when you havent already called or put money in pot. You also can use flat call, smooth call etc. All of these terms are completely redundant and I hate it when they are used when just "call" is enough.

I especially hate it when people say "smooth call". this term really irks me for soem reason.

onoble 11-18-2007 01:53 PM

So whats the best way to evaluate how often a villain 3bets preflop?

onoble 11-18-2007 11:52 PM

bump... or like move this into SSNL please...

Thanks.

Landlord79 11-19-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not much. cold calling is calling a raise when you havent already called or put money in pot. You also can use flat call, smooth call etc. All of these terms are completely redundant and I hate it when they are used when just "call" is enough.

I especially hate it when people say "smooth call". this term really irks me for soem reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought that smooth call was a term used when you make a call w/ other active players behind you. Usually an indication of strength. Such as, you'd smooth call w/ a set on the flop so that you didn't run off the fish behind you with a raise.

EN09 11-19-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always thought that smooth call was a term used when you make a call w/ other active players behind you. Usually an indication of strength. Such as, you'd smooth call w/ a set on the flop so that you didn't run off the fish behind you with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

busting out the overcalls now are we?

EN