Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505251)

pokerbobo 09-20-2007 09:10 AM

Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

For some reason I still can't stop watching this show. I dont get all caught up in "pregame" survivor talk and all but, I have seen almost all episodes.

This round is in China, one of the contestants is a pro poker player, another a female wrestler and other various characters.

Starts tonite, 8 PM eastern CBS
Here is the official Survivor China thread.

evagaba 09-20-2007 09:40 AM

Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

I too am a Survivor addict. I have seen every show since Season 3.

My wife and I look forward to watching it on the DVR every Friday night.

mrkilla 09-20-2007 09:42 AM

The Pro Poker player is Jean Robert Bellande he posted about it a little while ago.

That said I will be watching this show, its the only reality show I actually still watch.

People_Mover 09-20-2007 12:19 PM

Bellande looks fat as **** - I wonder how much weight he'll lose

___SK___ 09-20-2007 03:36 PM

i'll be watching.

g-bebe 09-20-2007 04:07 PM

The fact that it's an actual poker pro that I recognize might make me watch this.

Russ M. 09-20-2007 04:41 PM

GO JEAN ROBERT

J.A.Sucker 09-20-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GO JEAN ROBERT !!!!!!!!!!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be the first time I ever watch Survivor!

NT! 09-20-2007 07:13 PM

is there any chance of someone going all lord of the flies on bellande and crushing him with a big rock or something? if so i will watch. otherwise no way

Paul B. 09-20-2007 08:09 PM

Aaron looks like the host of Iron Chef America.

KOTLP 09-20-2007 08:16 PM

poker player needs to put his shirt on.

I have no idea why am I watching this crap.

KaMiKazE 09-20-2007 08:19 PM

lmao at JRB trying to mindf**k the flight attendant guy

punkass 09-20-2007 08:20 PM

i never watched survivor and never will.

but if you could post pics of the female hotties, I'm sure people will appreciate this thread.

FGators 09-20-2007 08:27 PM

Yeah lol J. Robert making an early "read" on the gay flight attendant.

Senor Cardgage 09-20-2007 08:40 PM

I missed the first ten minutes... did the teams choose their own names?

http://www.retrogaming80.com/images/...long-perso.gif

DonkeyKongSr 09-20-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i never watched survivor and never will.

but if you could post pics of the female hotties, I'm sure people will appreciate this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the chicks on the show...

Amanda
Courtney
Jaime
Ashley - The WWE wrestler that has posed in Playboy (google Ashley Massaro)
Denise - Don't click unless you like sweet mullets and/or fugly chicks
Peih-Gee
Leslie - older, but cute
Sherea

burningyen 09-20-2007 08:54 PM

lol "DAYUM!"

Magra 09-20-2007 08:55 PM

Peih-Gee needs to go. ASAP. people like her are the reason i stopped watching survivor

pegusus 09-20-2007 09:02 PM

jesus christ ashley has some BOMBS, there needs to be a downloadable censored version of the shows cuz it looks like she will be losing her top left and right throughout the season.

DonkeyKongSr 09-20-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ ashley has some BOMBS, there needs to be a downloadable censored version of the shows cuz it looks like she will be losing her top left and right throughout the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing about having her on the show, we finally have a chick that we have naked pictures of before they were on the show...

[ QUOTE ]
(google Ashley Massaro)

[/ QUOTE ]

d10 09-20-2007 09:21 PM

Admitting to be a poker player on Survivor is IMO a bigger mistake than admitting it on a resume. Or to a girl you just started dating. Or to most family members. Haven't we learned by now that speaking about it to anyone who doesn't fully understand it is never a good idea?

Possibly a bigger mistake is simply a poker player on Survivor. No work ethic and no social skills = no chance. Yes that's being stereotypical but so far I haven't seen anything out of JRB to suggest he's different, although I admit to never having heard of him before tonight.

Oh and I'm glad Ashley is still around.

pokerbobo 09-20-2007 09:26 PM

preview of next week has jean robert making waves already.... I dont like his chances.

Ditch Digger 09-20-2007 09:29 PM

JRB without his shirt was one of the funniest moments in tv history.

TheCroShow 09-20-2007 09:37 PM

no hotties for 2 years in a row, this sux =(

pokerbobo 09-20-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JRB without his shirt was one of the funniest moments in tv history.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is kinda shaped like a bowling pin.... and when he was standing next to the flight attendant, it looked like an NBA center standing next to michael J fox. That FA must only be 5"4" or so.

Banks2334 09-20-2007 11:19 PM

The christian radio host chick has to go already. Her refusing to take part in the ceremony in the temple was ridiculous. Granted she will make great tv by repeatedly doing stupid things, so maybe she should stay for viewing pleasure.

And what is with people always getting caught at the start of the season underdressed and unprepared? I would always be wearing the most versitile and comfortable clothes and shoes until the game actually started.

ligastar 09-20-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the first ten minutes... did the teams choose their own names?

http://www.retrogaming80.com/images/...long-perso.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no

thephenom 09-20-2007 11:36 PM

Strategically, I think it was a mistake for Jean-Robert and Ashley to reveal their professions, unless the jury voting would have found out before the vote, by getting back to civilization.

Jean-Robert (JRB) had the stereotypical body of a guy who is aging and grinding it out at a live poker table all day long.

Was it just me, but I didn't even know that Survivor Fiji happened. I thought the last one was with the tribes separated by race. The only things I know about the last Survivor are what I just read on the net today.

d10 09-20-2007 11:45 PM

Out of all those people Im sure someone must recognize Ashley, that would have been hard to lie about.

I saw a few episodes of Fiji but it pretty much sucked and I stopped watching.

thephenom 09-20-2007 11:54 PM

Chicken was a good vote. I don't like PG either. But Chicken seemed like he was being stubborn by never giving his opinion. He would have been frustrating to deal with. Also, it isn't fair to judge Ashley for being sick for 1 day, cause this game goes on for weeks.

roy_miami 09-21-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strategically, I think it was a mistake for Jean-Robert and Ashley to reveal their professions, unless the jury voting would have found out before the vote, by getting back to civilization

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if Jean-Robert has outed himself as a poker pro to the other contestants. He was itching to tell the gay flight attendant though after calling his "bluff". Lol, good read Jean.

Annorax 09-21-2007 12:20 AM

The only way I'd ever watch this is if the losers were voted directly into the Chinese "justice" system and charged with tax evasion.

Arnold_O 09-21-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this chick is so nice to look at, smoking body. i like the shots of her where we can see her skinny but muscular legs and that monster rack.

if she had got the boot it would have just about ruined it for me, but i have a feeling she doesn't last long anyway.

last year's survivor sucked. there was only one hot caucasian chick and she was the 1st one out. one of the asians was decent though.

that survivor was nothing but ugly chicks.

i remember what a dark day it was when ruth marie got voted off Survivor 12 Panama. smoking body, former south carolina beauty pageant winner.

Soncy 09-21-2007 12:40 AM

I hated the Chicken vote. Having workers who will do whatever you tell them in the early stages of Survivor is good for the tribe (usually people who's vote you can control as well). On the other side of that, if Ashley got over her original illness, getting rid of her would not be such a fantastic idea as she will most likely be smashing the other tribe's women in physical challenges. To me PG would have been a win win. I actually appreciate her willingness to step up and see that things got done, but I get annoyed when so called 'leaders' just boss and don't have any sense of tactfully eliciting cooperative actions. So in the tally...high annoy factor, not much of a physcial speciman, will be a much more conniving gamer in the later stages...{punt}

Russ M. 09-21-2007 01:22 AM

Why does the flight attendant have to be the "gay flight attendant"? I don't understand why that has to be included. Not like we can't figure that out on our own.

Chicken is an annoying dick and I'm glad he's gone although yeah voting off a guy who lives in the woods is pretty stupid unless he's totally obnoxious. The Christian lady pissed me off. "I'm not a religious person". What?

As a wrestling fan, I knew of Ashley before the show and she always struck me as annoying and not all that attractive in comparison with the other WWE Divas. I really can't stand looking at her two stupid lip rings either.

PG will be gone soon, no need to worry about that one. Bossy people are almost always eliminated early and she really should have gone home first. I don't see the Yellow team winning much.

The gravedigger looks like he can carry a team by himself in the physical challenges. I remember the last super muscular black guy from a few seasons ago who was totally worthless somehow. This dude looks like he can compete though. Of course he'll probably make it to the merge then be singled out for being too much of a threat and since he has zero people skills he won't be able to do much. I don't think he can pull a Dreamz (last season) and come up with game strategy on the fly (anyone who watched last year saw how that worked out for Dreamz).

As far as JRB goes, yeah his shirt off the whole episode was not good. I think he'll last longer than we might suspect. I'm figuring we'll get tons of side interviews about him from everyone saying "omg he's a poker player so he's naturally deceptive lol" but that's really irrelevant in the early stages of Survivor because most smart teams eliminate people who hurt the team in challenges the most, so unless JRB becomes a monster douche at camp he should be safe for awhile.

Also it is entirely possible nobody knew the professions of JRB and Ashley. JRB has been on what, 2 poker broadcasts? And Ashley is not a recognizable WWE wrestler/Diva at all. I remember the ex-NFL quarterback Gary Hogeboom who I'm sure 99% of viewers had never even heard of yet he felt necessary to hide that fact and really should have gotten away with it had that sports radio chick not recognized him somehow and brought it up in front of everybody.

Dids 09-21-2007 01:50 AM

Thoughts:

Terts. Lots of terts. I hate myself for finding Ashley hot, but I do. Lord I am simple. The other blonde chick without the bra is more saucy.

I know it's probably hot, but the homey JRB needs to put on a shirt. Some he appears to have the same gut I do, but be much skinnier.

I felt bad for Chicken, even though he pulled the most stupid passive agressive [censored] ever. I also wonder, since we didn't really see, how bad he was in the challenge.

The grave diggers back was ridic.

I'm reminded why I don't much like this show. So much cheese.

d10 09-21-2007 02:42 AM

Agree with Dids, except I don't feel bad for Chicken. He's probably thinking he was voted out because he didn't "fit in" or whatever it was in his speech but in reality it was because he was a passive aggressive douchebag, at his age he should have learned by now nobody likes someone who acts that way.

thephenom 09-21-2007 03:39 AM

His passive/aggressive attitude is definetely not the way to interact with a new group of people. When people were asking for his opinion, he should have just taken that as a sign of respect, and given it.

mrkilla 09-21-2007 08:54 AM

If JRB makes it passed next week he will make it to the merge atleast. They normally don't show the guy whos about to get voted out in promos so much.
His early read is "gay"
I liked Chicken but he played poorly.

The wrestler girl by surviving the first tribal should be able to last to the merge

That grave digger dude is a beast, he doesn't need to buddy up right away but he will have to make some friends soon he can only fly under the radar so long.

En Passant 09-21-2007 09:23 AM

I only watch because of JRB, and I enjoyed it.

I don't really like the location, as I would prefer it to be at some tropical location. Also, I wish it was in HD.