Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   £3k live tournament, wtf why do live players confuse me so :( (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557996)

TwistedEcho 11-30-2007 01:51 PM

£3k live tournament, wtf why do live players confuse me so :(

£3k tournament in london, starting stacks 15k blinds 25/50 hour long levels - a big tournament for england.

So i'd only really played two hands up to now (other than limping/calling raises and missing flops and giving up). The two hand i'd played was raising A8d on button, BB calls and i check behind the Ahi flop, call turn bet and he check folds river. The other hand i raise KK and sb calls, flop comes Axx and we check to river where he folds to a bet.

So i hadn't been aggressive and didn't cbet the two hands i won.

I raise utg at 50/100 with 15k stack to 300 with AQo. UTG+1 is a chinese guy called kenny wong (have no clue if hes a known live uk player or not, but he was talking with some known live players before the tournament and wearing a poker verdict Tshirt so he might be less terrible than most live players). He has played 2 hands so far in 1hr 30, not even completed his SB most of the time he could.

Flop comes As Js 6x and i check call 500.

Turn is a blank, a 3 i think. I check call 1500

River is a red Q, and i check barely looking at the flop, he moves allin for like 12k total. I tank and fold.

Berate me!

Pudge714 11-30-2007 02:09 PM

Re: £3k live tournament, wtf why do live players confuse me so :(

God I would never get to the river this way. As played it is a fold, but bet fold is much better imo.

TwistedEcho 11-30-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God I would never get to the river this way. As played it is a fold, but bet fold is much better imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't either usually, i get bored live and suffer from FPS. River i obv didn't expect him to shove, and figured he bets most of the hands that call me anyway. So the plan was to check call until he shoved, then i cried

Bonified 11-30-2007 02:42 PM

Ken is less terrible than most live players. He's actually not bad.

11-30-2007 03:39 PM

I agree with Pudge... this was a pretty terrible way to get to the river. As played, this is like the easiest fold ever live, especially with the player described.

alifeLesson 11-30-2007 04:12 PM

because he played it the way he did, why is this such a clear fold? he made it pretty clear he didnt have a set or 2 pair by check/calling both streets. So if wong is observant and not as bad as most live players are, is it not possible for him to shove a wider range than those hands that beat AQ?

chinaski101 11-30-2007 09:02 PM

kenny wong is known for overshoving pots and making huge bets people just can't call fwiw.

Bond18 11-30-2007 09:38 PM

I don't hate the flop check call so much, but i think i wind up leading the turn when i do this.

The river...agh. After your line i kind of want to lead the river as well. I don't think it's the easiest river fold ever since it looks like two hands in his range beat you (JJ/66) but i think only one other hand in his range jams (AJ) and he's prolly a tournament life nit so AJ might not jam so okay, good fold.

Rekwob 12-01-2007 12:14 AM

jon told me this hand before telling me his hand/posting it here and it might be the alcohol but i really prefer to call and be wrong rather fold and not know

i think i always bet the river although it not being good if you've played the flop and turn like this, which i almost certainly would play like this, i always expect to check/call 3.5k and be good against 44

gobboboy 12-01-2007 12:28 AM

I call river really [censored] fast.