Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   How to use VBulletin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557168)

Rottersod 11-29-2007 01:55 PM

Re: How to use VBulletin

[ QUOTE ]
afraid of change guys - its probably 1:8 that you have used a vBulliten forum before, its probably the most popular forum on the net for large sites. UBB is dead, vB is the king - long live the king!

PS: I've seen the new forum, it rocks. Sadly its missing wood paneling but it still rocks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used many forums with VB and I haven't been too impressed. What I like about UBB is it's simplicity. It doesn't try to do too much but it still has enough bells and whistles to satisfy me. I guess I just want to read and respond to posts. I'm not interested in sending thousands of PM's, having animated avatars, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Oh well, it's too late now.

THEOSU 11-29-2007 02:01 PM

as long as we'll be able to inline post naked women i'm ok with the transition

adanthar 11-29-2007 02:09 PM

UBB has the worst administrative features imaginable and I'm gonna be so glad it's gone. if you think it's okay now, try banning somebody.

(haw haw)

MrWookie 11-29-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ill be okay if someone makes a skin that makes it look like 2+2 does now

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that the new vB will have ported versions of the Infopop (aka default), Green Day, and Frosted skins. They won't look exactly the same, but they should be close enough to keep many of the people scared of change happy. You'll have to ask Ryan if he's planning on porting any more. The three new vB-only skins I've played with are all very nice, though, and they're big improvements over any of the old (current) skins.

markksman 11-29-2007 02:18 PM

I am so happy. I am a big fan of Vbulletin. Run 5 VBulletin sites myself. UBB is not bad, but I just am much more comfortable with VBulletin.

Clever Nickname 11-29-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rootabager 11-29-2007 02:34 PM

What is another forum that uses VB so I can look at it?

Our House 11-29-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is another forum that uses VB so I can look at it?

[/ QUOTE ]
www.vbulletin.org - their modification site
www.forum.usgamers.net - mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Skin choosers are on the bottom left.

T-God 11-29-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that the new vB will have ported versions of the Infopop (aka default), Green Day, and Frosted skins. They won't look exactly the same, but they should be close enough to keep many of the people scared of change happy. You'll have to ask Ryan if he's planning on porting any more. The three new vB-only skins I've played with are all very nice, though, and they're big improvements over any of the old (current) skins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wild Large Font please?

(Not kidding btw, I really like it)

Our House 11-29-2007 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wild Large Font please?

[/ QUOTE ]
I was also a big fan of the large font skins (getting old and eyesight is slipping) for a while. If you use Firefox, it's not really necessary though. Ctrl+mousewheel should do the trick.