Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   100nl..does 99 have to be this hard? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556816)

fatman20 11-29-2007 12:11 AM

Re: 100nl..does 99 have to be this hard?

Pre-flop I don't mind the call.

The check min raise on the flop is terrible. If you are going to raise that it needs to be to at least 30-35.

Check river and hope he checks behind. If not, depending on how much he bets. I probably fold.

shpanko 11-29-2007 12:12 AM

the c/minraise sucks man. Either c/c or lead out. If you have a crazy image maybe c/r but this just sucks imo

joseki 11-29-2007 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the c/minraise sucks man. Either c/c or lead out. If you have a crazy image maybe c/r but this just sucks imo

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand these words, but i don't really get it.

i think leading into that many cold-callers is terrible. so many sets/straight/moves pop up on this type of board. i prolly should have just c/f, but when it gets heads up, it seems too weak. i guess stop and go seems best in hindsight.

it's clear that everyone hates the c/min-r, but it's not clear why. personally, i can fold an overpair to that, or to the turn bet that's 'clearly' designed to get us all in on river.

if you all would call down any overpair v. this line, then we've got a great line for a set, no?

bilbo-san 11-29-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River: ($114.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $43.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/minrai is ghey i hope u lost

[/ QUOTE ]

priceless insight from a keen observer.

anyway, plays that look 'ghey' work very well at times, particularly when they put you in a pigeon hole for a keen observer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, clearly your diabolical plan worked to perfection here.

joseki 11-29-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River: ($114.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $43.85 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/minrai is ghey i hope u lost

[/ QUOTE ]

priceless insight from a keen observer.

anyway, plays that look 'ghey' work very well at times, particularly when they put you in a pigeon hole for a keen observer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, clearly your diabolical plan worked to perfection here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i turn up with a big hand in the next few orbits it might work out fine.

at any rate, i'm not insisting that this line is hetero or anything, i was just looking for something deeper than "c/minrai sucks" and the like.

i suppose i should have only shown flop action if i wanted to avoid orienting on results.