Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536907)

jesse8888 11-02-2007 12:27 PM

Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

Since the goals thread almost degenerated into me, gobs, and kit talking about playing trash from the button and buying PS3s, here is the low content thread for this great month of plenty.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 12:36 PM

Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

How bout them steelers, eh? Eh? And a little known fact that may interest only me: The colts/pats + steelers/ravens games contain the winners of 6 of the last 7 Super Bowls. How bout them apples?

One Outer 11-02-2007 12:58 PM

Meh. Football=boring. I'm watching hockey. Right now the Wild have me on life tilt. They started 7-0 and have now dropped 5 in a row. How the f%#@ are we losing at home to f$#%^&* SAINT LOUIS? Arggggg! Of course, I'm in the minority.

I am interested in the Patriots because they're clearly going to end up being one of the best teams ever, but that's about it.

I might make it out to SF for Thanksgiving. I was going to stay but my family here is also contributing to my massive life tilt. I'll let you know what happens.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 01:14 PM

I will be in LA with my girlfriend's family for most of thanksgiving break, so that might be a good time for your tour of the bay area poker scene.

And the pats are going 16-2 baby....ok, probably not, but it's looking like the steelers will get 2 cracks at them, both in foxboro....

gobbledygeek 11-02-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. Football=boring. I'm watching hockey. Right now the Wild have me on life tilt. They started 7-0 and have now dropped 5 in a row. How the f%#@ are we losing at home to f$#%^&* SAINT LOUIS? Arggggg! Of course, I'm in the minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got two Wild in my hockey pool (which I'm currently leading); Bouchard and Koivu were late round picks. Couldn't get Gaborik or Demitra but I'm kinda happy about that; great players, but a little injury prone.

My Canucks are proving they vastly overachieved last year. Right now it's all about the BC Lions in this town.

One Outer 11-02-2007 01:41 PM

You're lucky you didn't manage to get Gabby or Pavel. They would kill your team with the 60 games they'll miss this year between the two of them.

If you have a chance look into picking up Rolston; he's a quality guy. Total sleeper.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 01:48 PM

I have a serious question; suppose I was sort of a Penguins fan but lived in the Bay Area. Is there any viable way for me to follow the team on television? Or can I really just read the game summaries. I find it's hard to even know when the games are going to be played, let alone televised.

gobbledygeek 11-02-2007 01:53 PM

You should be able to find out the Penguins schedule easy enuf (go to their website or the NHL website). I'm not sure who televises NHL games down there; is it ESPNXX or Versus or the Cooking & Knitting Network or something? They probably have some schedule you can look up.

The NHL schedule is screwed. Crosby is coming to Vancouver for the first time this year. In his third year in the league. That's sad.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 02:00 PM

How can a sports team play 164 games (two seasons) in a 30 team league and not visit every city in the league? That's insane. In the NFL you play your whole conference every 3 years (48 games) and the other conference every 4 (64 games).

KitCloudkicker 11-02-2007 02:23 PM

silly hockey talk

how can no one notice that the BROWNS are 4-3! playoffs baby! (LOL shattered dreamaments)

jesse8888 11-02-2007 02:29 PM

I have to give the brownies some credit...since trading their starting QB, they are 4-1 against teams not from New England. Kit, the problem here, and I think you understand this, is that even if they do make the playoffs, they'll likely have to play the steeler's in round 1. And I think we all know how that goes. I mean, you've only beaten us 3 times since 1993!

http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/clepit.html

Frond 11-02-2007 02:42 PM

Speaking of Hockey, for you guys who may not have read it, did you catch my story back in June about my encounter with the Cup and Teemu Selanne? I know I am tootin my own horn but it was a once in a lifetime thing perhaps.

Here's a LC one: Who thinks that they have the record for the most big pairs(TT-AA)Losing at showdown? I tried to think back and mine is 7. KK, KK, KK, QQ, TT, TT, AA. I am sure someone has had a session with way more than that though.

gobbledygeek 11-02-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of Hockey, for you guys who may not have read it, did you catch my story back in June about my encounter with the Cup and Teemu Selanne? I know I am tootin my own horn but it was a once in a lifetime thing perhaps.

Here's a LC one: Who thinks that they have the record for the most big pairs(TT-AA)Losing at showdown? I tried to think back and mine is 7. KK, KK, KK, QQ, TT, TT, AA. I am sure someone has had a session with way more than that though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that was a good Selanne story. My brush with hockey greatness is limited to playing hockey week in week out with the guy who sings the national anthems for the Canucks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Frond, do you somehow keep track of your hands in order to know that info? Or is that particular gross session just burned in your brain?

One Outer 11-02-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a serious question; suppose I was sort of a Penguins fan but lived in the Bay Area. Is there any viable way for me to follow the team on television? Or can I really just read the game summaries. I find it's hard to even know when the games are going to be played, let alone televised.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/index.jsp

natch

The NHL plays an inbalanced schedule. They're trying to focus more on conference and divisional rivalries. They think this is good. I also just saw Sid for the first time a couple days ago. He factored in every goal (two goals, two helpers). We lost. I hate Sidney Crosby.

I'm really starting to take this too seriously. Then again, it's hard to blame myself. I live in a city with an atrocious basketball team that just traded their best player, a bad football team and a perennial cocktease baseball team that usually makes the playoffs but gets crushed in the first round.

Screw you guys. Especially you Kit. You just got an NBA finals appearance, you got the ALCS and you got two World Series appearances in your lifetime. Wait, I have two World Series wins in my lifetime...nevermind.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 04:39 PM

I've never understood the whole "unbalanced" schedule thing. The NFL schedule is unbalanced: A team plays the 3 opponents in it's division twice a year, but only plays each team from the other conference once every 4 years (or 1/8th as often). Yet that term is never bandied about when discussing the NFL schedule.

Harv72b 11-02-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

Frond 11-02-2007 05:18 PM

GG-That one recent session where I lost 7 big pairs at SD is etched in my brain I guess.

A quote from a girl on my left a few days ago during a hand where she flipped over KTo at SD and won with it. "King Ten offsuit is my favorite hand, I always win with it" I replied, "Yea"

jesse8888 11-02-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's suppose I don't care nearly that much.....

Harv72b 11-02-2007 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have your neighbor get Dish TV, NHL package. Get a signal splitter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

jesse8888 11-02-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have your neighbor get Dish TV, NHL package. Get a signal splitter. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

While that would require less money, it seems it would actually require more work. To be honest here, the first step is Sunday Ticket. Once I have that, I could justify some NHL viewings.

James. 11-03-2007 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Dish TV, NHL package.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While that would require less money, it seems it would actually require more work. To be honest here, the first step is Sunday Ticket. Once I have that, I could justify some NHL viewings.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have the NFL sunday ticket for the steelers games. it's pretty awesome for a feller that likes foosball.

Bob T. 11-03-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, it's hard to blame myself. I live in a city with an atrocious basketball team that just traded their best player, a bad football team and a perennial cocktease baseball team that usually makes the playoffs but gets crushed in the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then you could make interesting propbets like, who will have the better winning percentage, the vikings, or the twolves. I'll take the twolves for a mythical dollar. Nice how they start out the season, losing after taking a lead into the fourth quarter.

Frond 11-03-2007 11:59 AM

Oh yea, +$5 in profit for 6 hours at the what was probably the juiciest 4/8 table I have been on this year! 4 ATC players and 4 just plain typical baddies. You know, the person on your left rivers her boat, gets bet into by one and called by another and still just calls closing the action.

RICCOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Outer 11-03-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then again, it's hard to blame myself. I live in a city with an atrocious basketball team that just traded their best player, a bad football team and a perennial cocktease baseball team that usually makes the playoffs but gets crushed in the first round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then you could make interesting propbets like, who will have the better winning percentage, the vikings, or the twolves. I'll take the twolves for a mythical dollar. Nice how they start out the season, losing after taking a lead into the fourth quarter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, let's make that a real bet. I'll take the vikes. I'm thinking the wolves ceiling this year is like 20 wins.

Bob T. 11-03-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, let's make that a real bet. I'll take the vikes. I'm thinking the wolves ceiling this year is like 20 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're on. But, see I think the vikings ceiling is about 4 wins. That is what makes it interesting.

Frond 11-03-2007 11:05 PM

Dam, speaking of football, I am like 12out of 13 in my college pool today. A few more games to go but looking goot!

One Outer 11-03-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're on. But, see I think the vikings ceiling is about 4 wins. That is what makes it interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. You're on for a whole dollar...Canadian.

Bob T. 11-04-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome. You're on for a whole dollar...Canadian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your making it HIGH stakes. That's like a 1.08 US. I'm not looking forward to paying for my fishing trip next year.

KitCloudkicker 11-04-2007 02:31 PM

surprised i didnt get berated for this one

Live full 10.

I post in CO. a limper, and hijack raises, I call with 55. Button calls, BB calls, limper calls. 5 to flop.

Flop is Q34 rainbow. Checked to hijack who bets. for some reason i think there's only 3 people in the hand. I raise because I'm retarded. EVERYONE calls and then the hijack 3 bets. fine mess i got myself into. I call.

turn is a 5, of course, hijack bets, I raise, all fold. Hijack looks confused. hell the whole table looks confused. he calls, and c/c a river T. i assume he had KK, AA, AQ, or KQ.

dont just know the donkey. BE the donkey.

jesse8888 11-05-2007 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the vikes just beat San Diego by 18?

One Outer 11-05-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't the vikes just beat San Diego by 18?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes they did. This bet is like taking candy from a baby. The vikes will finish the season with >3 wins, which is good for a .250 winning percentage. Even if the Vikes only won 4 games the wolves would still have to win 21 games for Bob to beat me. That dollar is as good as mine. They'll be lucky to win 17.

KitCloudkicker 11-05-2007 02:03 AM

browns 33, seahawks 30.

prediction: the browns will finish 11-5 and probably end up with one of the worst defenses (statistically) in the history of the league.

One Outer 11-05-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
browns 33, seahawks 30.

prediction: the browns will finish 11-5 and probably end up with one of the worst defenses (statistically) in the history of the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell are they doing this? I don't get it.

Harv72b 11-05-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See also: San Diego Chargers, Dan Fouts era.

Frond 11-05-2007 12:19 PM

Fun Hand. Great table with tons of calling stations.

4/8 live with the full kill on. I am the killer(last to act PF) and on the button as well.

7 limpers to me with QQ so I raise, they all call. Let's call it 14 SBs. Flop of 45Q with 2 suits out. Checked around to idiot guy in the HJ who bets out, I raise, 4 callers, he 3's, I cap, all call. 6 ways for like 19 BBs.

Turn comes a 9(still no 3 flush out yet) Checked to HJ guy who has like 18 chips left and bets, I raise cause I know the others are coming along like they do on every frickin hand, so we start a fair side pot going. Three of them call of course. 24 BBs plus side pot of like 4 BBs.

River comes a 4 giving me a boat. Checked to me, I bet and 2 of them call. I take the 7 BB side pot with my boat. HJ guy says "Send the main" and shows 44. Doh!!! I figured he either had a set of 4's or 5's on the flop. It really got the ole adrenaline flowing. About $500 with both pots.

Sidebar-HJ guy ends up getting on more of a rush but gives nearly all of it back from playing every hand cause he thinks he is a great player now after making quads. If these idiots would ever learn to reign it in a bit they might do better but alas, that will never happen thankfully.

jesse8888 11-05-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
browns 33, seahawks 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only redeeming quality of that win is that I have Jamal Lewis in my only "for money" fantasy football league. He may have just saved our season (given that we took Cedric Benson and Chad Johnson with our wrapper pick in the 2nd/3rd round to go along with a "not nearly as good as we'd hoped" LT).

Seriously Kit, the Steelers are going to score 40 points on you next week. It's going to be a good old fashioned shoot out.

KitCloudkicker 11-05-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
browns 33, seahawks 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only redeeming quality of that win is that I have Jamal Lewis in my only "for money" fantasy football league. He may have just saved our season (given that we took Cedric Benson and Chad Johnson with our wrapper pick in the 2nd/3rd round to go along with a "not nearly as good as we'd hoped" LT).

Seriously Kit, the Steelers are going to score 40 points on you next week. It's going to be a good old fashioned shoot out.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont doubt this

if the over/under is 70 id take over pretty quickly.

browns 41 steelers 38

yes, i do believe DA is a 34 point upgrade over charlie frye

jesse8888 11-05-2007 02:23 PM

Set me an even money over/under for the Browns point total for which you want the over. We could have some serious, serious action here.

jesse8888 11-05-2007 03:36 PM

Calling Kit Cloud Kicker

Come on Kit....how many points do you think your vaunted offense can hang on us. I want a number, but more importantly, I want to put a dent in your PS3 budget.

KitCloudkicker 11-05-2007 03:40 PM

Re: Calling Kit Cloud Kicker

[ QUOTE ]
Come on Kit....how many points do you think your vaunted offense can hang on us. I want a number, but more importantly, I want to put a dent in your PS3 budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

i would do it but im not much of a gambler [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

kit only won 18 BB last weekend, so i cant afford a hit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]