Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   River checkraised on a paired board with the nut flush... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526609)

chesspain 10-19-2007 02:23 PM

River checkraised on a paired board with the nut flush...

Online 2-4...UTG+1 is your basic "play any ace" kind of guy--I haven't seen him do anything tricky or noteworthy. MP is a spazzy calling station who will check behind a top pair of aces in a drawish, family pot so that he can raise the river HU with his UI jack kicker.

Preflop: chesspain is HJ with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
1 fold, UTG+1 raises, 1 fold, MP coldcalls, 1 fold, chesspain reraises, 4 folds, UTG+1 and MP calls.

Flop: (10sb) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players).
Both players check to me, I bet, and they both call.

Turn: (6.5bb) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Both players check, I bet, UTG+1 calls, MP folds.

River: (8.5bb) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, I bet, he checkraises, I...

a) Call?
b) Reraise and call a four-bet cap?
c) Reraise and fold to a cap?

jesse8888 10-19-2007 02:26 PM

Re: River checkraised on a paired board with the nut flush...

b)

Oh yeah...I don't play online....this response is based on my 6/12 live game in northern cali and is therefore probably completely off base. In that game, it's not close.

Hair_of_the_Dog 10-19-2007 02:29 PM

If this was live (where I live) I would 3bet and call the cap. Online I don't know, I don't play online.

Grease 10-19-2007 02:30 PM

I think I have MUBS, but I kinda want to call. Your hand is exposed to the world to see, but on the same time, he's probably a monkey and will definitely call your 3-bet.

Ok, I think I've gotten over the MUBS. I rereaise and puke if he 4-bets (But I think you have to call it.)

Aces McGee 10-19-2007 02:35 PM

This is a difficult hand to evaluate, because he's played his hand pretty terribly if he calls a river three-bet with anything you beat.

-McGee

Grease 10-19-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a difficult hand to evaluate, because he's played his hand pretty terribly if he calls a river three-bet with anything you beat.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're assuming that he will do this. (At least I was when I gave my response.)

If he folds anything you beat, then just call. He'll almost certainly 4-bet a boat. My default play here is to trey though.

chesspain 10-19-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he folds anything you beat, then just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think to ask him this before I made my decision. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

gobbledygeek 10-19-2007 02:44 PM

[FWIW, I only play live]

I 3bet/call.

If he's fairly straightforward, I think you would have got checkraised on the turn with him holding a 7x, 33, 88 or 96 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or J9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]; also, 88 and maybe J9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] are only likely preflop raising hands.

I think it's much more likely he has KK/QQ with a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or TT. If he 4bets that's kinda leaning towards TT, yikes. I dunno, I wish I was good enough to fold the nut flush.

Aces McGee 10-19-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we're assuming that he will do this. (At least I was when I gave my response.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that makes it rather easy, doesn't it?

My point was...it's impossible to assign him a logical hand that makes three-betting here a good idea, but it's online 2/4, which means he's not necessarily yplaying logically. On the other hand, chesspain hadn't seen him get out of line.

-McGee

Aces McGee 10-19-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's much more likely he has KK/QQ with a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly possible, but the kind of player who simply calls the flop and turn with these hands does not c/r this river with them.

-McGee