Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   November Low-Content Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536645)

SNOWBALL 11-06-2007 11:04 PM

Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
aces are high and low in every kind of poker that i'm aware of other than 2-7. in this situation they are low because that's how you make your best 5 card hand, the same thing would happen if 2 people had a full house in razz.

[/ QUOTE ]

not on AP

DcifrThs 11-06-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered a really sick hand from Sunday.

150/300 Stud hilo regular (no qualifier for low), mike the jeweler limps with like a 4 in the door, I complete (AA)4, george calls with an 8. 4th i catch an A mike gets a T george gets a 5, I bet both call, 5th mike has 4T4, george is like 855 and I'm A4J, I bet, george raise mike call, I 3bet both call, 6th george is 855K, mike is 4T4paint and I'm A4J2 I bet they both call

river I fill with a deuce and bet, george calls, mike raises, I 3bet, george folds really fast and mike calls. I turn my hand over and pull my bets back bc its obv gonna be a chop

mike tables 888 for his hole cards so his hand is 88844paintT, I have AAA224J my low is a pair of aces, his is a pair of fours. I have scooped the pot with a full house in hilo regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

first off, playing w/ no qualifier your low is 22A4J and you scoop.

second off, wtf is with playing no qualifier?

that is some sick sh*t right there. what is the structure (ante? bring in?) ... same as stud 8? if it is must be a crazy action game.

Barron

HOWMANY 11-06-2007 11:38 PM

pretty sure my low is AAJ42 but it doesn't really matter because i scoop no matter what in this spot. when the hand happened i remember yosh saying something like "wow he has a pair of aces for low" while i was realizing i was going to scoop the pot. don't remember exactly what happened after bc i was pretty drunk, i just remember stacking the dollars

structure depends on what size we are playing exactly but basically bi is either 1/3 or 1/4 of small bet and ante is 1/4 or 1/6

DeuceKicker 11-06-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank god November is here.

quoting GoT's graph

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, that looks an awful lot like a graph of my last 2500 hands of live poker... except that mine is, like, red instead of green.

DcifrThs 11-06-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure my low is AAJ42 but it doesn't really matter because i scoop no matter what in this spot. when the hand happened i remember yosh saying something like "wow he has a pair of aces for low" while i was realizing i was going to scoop the pot. don't remember exactly what happened after bc i was pretty drunk, i just remember stacking the dollars

structure depends on what size we are playing exactly but basically bi is either 1/3 or 1/4 of small bet and ante is 1/4 or 1/6

[/ QUOTE ]

ah yes, AA<22, scoop regardless.

either way, hilarious.

and either way playing stud 8 no qual is sick lol. mad fun though drunk i'm sure.

Barron

DeathDonkey 11-07-2007 01:13 AM

It actually *should be* a much nittier game than stud/8.

-DeathDonkey

stinkypete 11-07-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

and either way playing stud 8 no qual is sick lol. mad fun though drunk i'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

fun for the one sober guy who takes all the money cuz he's the only one who can read his hand

HOWMANY 11-07-2007 02:45 AM

the simple solution to this is have everyone drinking. i play so tight these days, especially in mixed games, that i think i would have to be like blackout drunk for it to make me not a huge favorite in a game like this one was

ShawnHoo 11-07-2007 05:01 AM

Quick Q for the Commerce regulars:

What % of 40-80 players do you think are millionaires outside of poker? I think it must be close to 50%, but someone else thought it was much lower.

surfdoc 11-07-2007 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick Q for the Commerce regulars:

What % of 40-80 players do you think are millionaires outside of poker? I think it must be close to 50%, but someone else thought it was much lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is a millionaire? We need a more clear definition.