Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Scotty Nguyen says High Stakes Poker is fake? (x-post from t.v.) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542343)

7n7 11-09-2007 05:46 PM

Scotty Nguyen says High Stakes Poker is fake? (x-post from t.v.)

So, I'm playing a cash game after busting out of one of the Scotty Nguyen Classic tournaments in Tulsa. I made a Hellmuthian type call, but alas was sucked out on ... but that's for a different forum. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, one of the players starts saying how she had a lengthy conversation with Scotty Nguyen and that he [Scotty] informed her that HSP is fake. All money won/lost is left behind. So, basically, it's a 0 risk game.

Now, I've seen every episode and if it's fake, then the players deserve Oscars. I mean, Negreanu (last season) and Harman (this season) very obviously going on tilt, Doyle laying down a T-high flush to Gold (why do that if it's fake), Ivey folding KK to that Booth bluff, et. all?

I had heard they received appearance fees (not even sure if that's true), but to say it's fake, I'm not sure I can believe...unless they have some sort of behind-the-scene player agreement.

She went on to say that he said PAD was legit, but that's not real news.

Anybody else heard this?

Disclaimer: The woman who told me this is pretty respected in that poker room, but I don't really know her from Moses, so no personal experience with her credibility.

justaPlayer 11-09-2007 05:49 PM

Re: Scotty Nguyen says High Stakes Poker is fake? (x-post from t.v.)

fwiw (little), i don't think it's fake. havent heard anything even remotely like that. But I LOVE your avatar.

7n7 11-09-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw (little), i don't think it's fake. havent heard anything even remotely like that. But I LOVE your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody says that. I'm not the only J-Love fan on this board apparently .

TylerD 11-09-2007 05:51 PM

Wait so you heard that some woman heard that Scotty Nguyen says that HSP is fake. I'm convinced.

7n7 11-09-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait so you heard that some woman heard that Scotty Nguyen says that HSP is fake. I'm convinced.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the woman told me directly while playing at my table and Scotty standing about 30 feet away. Scotty left before I could approach him...and believe you me, I was planning to.

And she didn't hear that he said it, Scotty told her directly. I thought that was clear, but maybe not.

Maybe 'ol Bear Greenstein can come on here and set the record straight...though I and most others believe it's a legit show.

cbloom 11-09-2007 05:53 PM

Several of the players on HSP do exchange big pieces of each other, which means they are playing 0 risk in pots against each other.

KamiKatze 11-09-2007 06:06 PM

ITS RIGGED I KNEW IT

No, seriously, I ran HSP through my own special pot odds thingy and it shows:"ZOMG THIS [cenzomgored] is FAKE STREET 123"

OMG I KNEW IT RIGGED FAKE OMG HU4ROLLZ

Syntec87 11-09-2007 06:29 PM

This would be AMAZINGLY bad if true - but luckily, I think its v. unlikely...

Mothercanuck 11-09-2007 07:00 PM

i heard negreanu was not even coming back cause he said it was fake in his blog or something...or was it a magazine...

Mothercanuck 11-09-2007 07:01 PM

how can it be fake if Jman walked away with 25k?