Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Nl50: Button v. blind semi-deep w/ trips. close my eyes and call down? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546364)

Pokerdemic 11-14-2007 08:48 PM

Nl50: Button v. blind semi-deep w/ trips. close my eyes and call down?

Villain is pretty aggro 24/20/6 over 90. we have no history between us.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $93.45
UTG: $98.75
MP: $61.15
CO: $22.35
BTN: $51.30
Hero (SB): $84.40

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $10.25</font>, Hero calls $7.25

Turn: ($24.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $19.75</font>, Hero calls $19.75

River: ($64) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $45</font>, Hero calls $45

subs 11-14-2007 08:50 PM

Re: Nl50: Button v. blind semi-deep w/ trips. close my eyes and call d

im trying to get all my chips in

members_only 11-14-2007 09:14 PM

Like flop play, prefer raise all-in on turn. You can't rely on him bluffing the river a lot and he will almost certainly check behind with a pocket pair. Plus you are letting him draw for free if he happened to pick up a fd on the turn. Folding isn't really an option.

Babalatexi 11-14-2007 09:29 PM

Against a good and agressive player I might 3-bet the flop small (read-dependant), they'll never believe I have a J or 33 but without a good feel I wouldn't, just saying it's something you can do if you know your opponent well. As played I would check-raise the turn AI. Because you just c/c'd the turn I don't think betting the river is going to get many calls as it would look so strong so I don't mind the c/c there.

Arp220 11-14-2007 09:34 PM

Why not reraise flop to 30 or so, for information/table image?

stillnaive 11-14-2007 09:42 PM

I mean... he's repping the boat, but honestly, I think he's got 44-TT, J8+ (possibly including AJ) more often than not, and he's hoping you caught a piece, but not all, of the flop. Obviously you did and you've got the trips with 2k, which is pretty dominant in this position. You've got a good read that this guy is incredibly aggressive, so I agree, try to get all your chips in the middle on the turn. At the very least, I'm c/r-ing the river AI.

Pokerdemic 11-14-2007 09:49 PM

I actually forgot a crucial piece of information. i have been card dead at the table and on that table I was running something like 9/8/3. His turn bet just felt like a J to me, so I decided to call down and see who had the better kicker.

BTW, wouldn't the aggro level of this villian have him 3betting 88+ here out of the blinds? I called down because I thought his range after his turn bet was narrow, and mostly included a J.

0uTpLaYeD 11-14-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually forgot a crucial piece of information. i have been card dead at the table and on that table I was running something like 9/8/3. His turn bet just felt like a J to me, so I decided to call down and see who had the better kicker.

BTW, wouldn't the aggro level of this villian have him 3betting 88+ here out of the blinds? I called down because I thought his range after his turn bet was narrow, and mostly included a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

A villain that aggro would def. 3bet AJ pf and is competent enough that he wouldn't be calling with Jx type hands that make him a boat (J3, J7, J2)

I would guess his range here is 33, 77, QJ, JT, and maybe 88 and 99