Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

wdcbooks 03-26-2007 12:05 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I voted page 32 FWIW.

MDoranD 03-26-2007 12:06 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice to wake up to 120 posts in 2 hours. Im glad were keeping this one small.

So far I like zurvan as a wolf, and voj not far behind. Zurvan because hes already swearing at Luckay which just seems forced since we just started and he knows we think he gets angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

And voj ??

[/ QUOTE ]

It may seem like i think youre wolfy every game, and i do, but last time i was right.

durron597 03-26-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
wdcbooks,

how are you posting from work?

wdcbooks 03-26-2007 12:19 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
wdcbooks,

how are you posting from work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, posting from home. I got a new job on Friday and right now I am in the few days period before giving notice at my current job. The situation isn't exactly inspiring me to do a whole lot of work at the moment.

I will be at work tomorrow and Thursday and be unable to post during the day.

Voj 03-26-2007 12:22 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice to wake up to 120 posts in 2 hours. Im glad were keeping this one small.

So far I like zurvan as a wolf, and voj not far behind. Zurvan because hes already swearing at Luckay which just seems forced since we just started and he knows we think he gets angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

And voj ??

[/ QUOTE ]

It may seem like i think youre wolfy every game, and i do, but last time i was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this time you're wrong.. that's how life goes..

BluffBlank 03-26-2007 12:34 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I think neil is a wolf. The luckay vote, his list, and tone.

neil s

traz 03-26-2007 12:35 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
bluff, are you a wolf?

BluffBlank 03-26-2007 12:36 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
bluff, are you a wolf?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

FCBLComish 03-26-2007 12:38 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
vote zurvan

chuckleslovakian 03-26-2007 12:39 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
You find yourself just beginning to start a game of werewolf. What do you do with you first post

If Durron597 isn't in the game, turn to page 32
If Durron597 is in the game, turn to page 4
If Durron597 is in the game, and you have already peeked him as villager, turn to page 11

Page 32: Lynch Durron
Page 4: Lynch Durron
Page 11: Lynch Durron

BluffBlank 03-26-2007 12:41 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and he is faking jester now. Getting back to normal.

[/ QUOTE ]fnord is going for a high post count, I see...

But I still want to [Lynch luckayluck].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Neil's lucky vote that doesn't seem right to me. Especially given that he's already voted him twice before this.

Neil S 03-26-2007 12:47 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

But I still want to [Lynch luckayluck].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Neil's lucky vote that doesn't seem right to me. Especially given that he's already voted him twice before this.

[/ QUOTE ]OK I'll explain that. My early posts in long games, I often put my quasi-serious votes in without bracketing them to make them official. That re-vote I made to make it clear it's a serious vote.

Voj 03-26-2007 12:52 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
neil is a terrible vote for the rest of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, traz thinks that whoever i vote first must be a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

neil as a wolf would never make the posts he's made so far. It's just not possible.

And as for your reads...I'll leave that one alone. It's too early to call you names

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't agree..
Given the broken rand() function, Neil has been a wolf many many times..He had time to think about his wolf game and as he's a thinking person, his wolf game may just have evolved pretty far (which level's he on ? God only knows..)
I would lean strongly wolfia for Neil given all his posts (I can't remember one single post being actually villagerish.
dmk's still wolfy for me and Luckay's still insane (and should stop because it obv. hurts the village)

Kumubou 03-26-2007 12:55 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
vote aaronk56

fmxda 03-26-2007 12:57 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Early thoughts:
Revenge vote books for LotR.

fnord is a wolf; avatar-related talk and vote, general

Nez, xoom and Neil sound wolfy, but they usually do. I've recently found Zurvan wolfy in every game I've played with him and early reports indicate this one is no exception.

Luckay is villagery. Also he is a One Piece fan <3

I voted #32.

I would like to be in the top 50% of active posters by post count in this game. This means I will be more active, but everyone should also try to keep the thread size down. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

traz 03-26-2007 12:59 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
neil is a terrible vote for the rest of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously, traz thinks that whoever i vote first must be a villager

[/ QUOTE ]

neil as a wolf would never make the posts he's made so far. It's just not possible.

And as for your reads...I'll leave that one alone. It's too early to call you names

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't agree..
Given the broken rand() function, Neil has been a wolf many many times..He had time to think about his wolf game and as he's a thinking person, his wolf game may just have evolved pretty far

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very easy to say this, but it's really hard to do. It's just not that common

chim17 03-26-2007 12:59 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I'm going to vote page 32.

Early reads are Durron, IY, DMK as villager.

I wouldn't mind a vote of Nez or Neil at the moment.

traz 03-26-2007 01:00 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
chim are you a wolf too?

xoom 03-26-2007 01:01 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Why is dmk all of a sudden making good villagery posts? Last time he was a villager he was joking around a lot on d1 (in lotr:tt).

fmxda 03-26-2007 01:02 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Why is dmk all of a sudden making good villagery posts? Last time he was a villager he was joking around a lot on d1 (in lotr:tt).

[/ QUOTE ]
dmk mixes up his game quite often, as many other good players do. BTW dmk was a wolf in LotR.

Neil S 03-26-2007 01:02 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
For the record: My wiki page lists what long games I've been in. Twice a wolf in 6 games. It's only in turbos, really, where the distribution is peculiar.

chim17 03-26-2007 01:02 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
chim are you a wolf too?

[/ QUOTE ]

No sir.

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 01:02 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
As long as we don't do 8, I guess I'm sort of happy.

5 > 32 >>>>> 8

Remember that the wolves will cast a unified block vote of 5 votes to choose our adventure. Therefore, we need to unify in thread as to which choice we will choose. I guess we'll roll with page 32.

xoom 03-26-2007 01:02 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Ok, add dmk to my villager-list then.

fmxda 03-26-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
fnord is a wolf; avatar-related talk and vote, general

[/ QUOTE ]
My post; that should read "general tone"

chim17 03-26-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckay thats actually a really good point.. its pretty easy for the wolves to try to get us into the trap so we definitely need to vote together.

Anyone have a recap of what votes have already been cast? I haven't voted yet and will go with the majority, but would prefer 32.

dmk 03-26-2007 01:05 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Luckay,

The Saboteur does not know the fellow-evil's identities nor does he communicate with them at night.

Neil S 03-26-2007 01:07 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
For the record, not only is Luckay's obsession with the day event versus wolf finding so bad, but his reasoning on the day event is just as awful. Consider that we all SHOULD know that it's the renegades among us, not some outside force, who killed GT1T and VR. Duh? Standard Werewolf plot setup?

dmk 03-26-2007 01:07 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I may have been wrong. It appears that we only know The Saboteur does not participate in night-time communications (presumably he's busy setting a trap at that time).

So the other evils may know him and vice versa

LuckayLuck 03-26-2007 01:08 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
dmk, the point is, the evils can do this in wolf chat (I hope I'm not giving them an idea, but it's pretty obvious, so I'll risk them not knowing and give village a heads up)

"Follow my lead and vote for X today, where X is what I vote. X is going to be the path I think will be WORST for the village."

I believe that today 8 is worst for village. I believe that the wolves will cast their votes for 8. I do think we have a majority for 32, though.

Also, a reminder, since today's schedule is different and I know not everybody reads the rules (I was going to actually submit my day action at must-lynch but I wondered why everyone was already talking about what they were voting.)

[ QUOTE ]
Please send all votes to GT1T no later than 3 pm EST. Please include the page number you are voting for in the SUBJECT line to allow quick tallying.

[/ QUOTE ]

so 'holla send in "32" guys

chim17 03-26-2007 01:11 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I just sent 32.

Boiler_bd 03-26-2007 01:14 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I think 32 is most likely to have the trap actually, sent #5. Don't forget the sabatuer is not in night chat so the evils probably aren't going to push one number over the another.

Iron_Yuppie 03-26-2007 01:15 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
I thought VR pretty much stated above that the Saboteur did not get a night action last night?

Go with whatever you like. We can worry about 2nd guessing the saboteur tomorrow.

KyrosMother 03-26-2007 01:17 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Voted for 32. I think good mercenaries would go on.

Oh, and I feel pretty confident that FMX is a villager.

fmxda 03-26-2007 01:18 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Hey, we should stop talking about where the saboteur MIGHT have put the trap. Honestly, I can think of an argument for any path being trapped.

Publicly announcing our thought process in choosing our adventure just gives the saboteur more information to be accurate with his traps.

chuckleslovakian 03-26-2007 01:22 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, we should stop talking about where the saboteur MIGHT have put the trap. Honestly, I can think of an argument for any path being trapped.

Publicly announcing our thought process in choosing our adventure just gives the saboteur more information to be accurate with his traps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. It's impossible to try to figure out which level the saboteur is thinking.

MDoranD 03-26-2007 01:25 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, we should stop talking about where the saboteur MIGHT have put the trap. Honestly, I can think of an argument for any path being trapped.

Publicly announcing our thought process in choosing our adventure just gives the saboteur more information to be accurate with his traps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. It's impossible to try to figure out which level the saboteur is thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. which is why i voted 8.

GetThere1Time 03-26-2007 01:27 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
This count is brought to you by WordPad. Luckily, VR will be handling counts closer to lynch time.

[1]aaronk56 - votes
[]BluffBlank - votes Neil S
[]Boiler_bd - votes Neil S
[]chim17 - votes
[]chuckleslovakian - votes Durron
[1]dmk - votes Zurvan
[1]durron597 - votes Neil S
[1]DustinG - votes
[]econophile - votes Vavavoom
[]FCBLComish - votes Zurvan
[]fmxda - votes WDCBooks
[]fnord_too - votes Nez477
[1]Iron_Yuppie - votes
[1]JaredL - votes
[]Jeremy517 - votes
[]kbar13 - votes
[]Kumubou - votes AaronK56
[]kyrosmother - votes Voj
[]lastchance - votes
[3]LuckayLuck - votes LuckayLuck
[]Mark_K - votes
[]MDorand - votes Zurvan
[]metsandfinsfan - votes
[3]NeilStevens - votes LuckayLuck
[1]Nez477 - votes Dustin G
[]shortline99 - votes Iron_Yuppie
[2]sighing - votes LuckayLuck
[]Thebram - votes
[]Tiedup14 - votes
[]traz - votes
[1]Vavavoom - votes
[1]Voj - votes DMK
[1]wdcbooks - votes Sighing
[]xoom - votes JaredL
[3]Zurvan - votes Sighing

Note: I'm here via AIM and PM to take anon questions/make clarifications. Remember, day event voting is due at 3 pm.

Please be gentle with me. It's my first time [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Voj 03-26-2007 01:27 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
Agree with boiler.. 32 is so obvious that I'm thinking about sending 5..

Some ppl were speking about sabotuer levelling the village.. I don't think we're here in this Rock-Scissors-Papers situation - at least not on night one. FWIW this is not a Heads-Up situation, and saboteur knows many people will go for the most obvious choice.. People may react in an another way later, but I sincerely doubt most of us actually read and analyzed rules deeply enough on day 1..
So I think the right choice for saboteur is to put the trap on the number he thinks is the most likeky to be chosen. As I don't think most of the village can be convinced not to vote 32 anyway, I think our best shot is to vote for what we think is the best choice and hope saboteur has levelled himself.

Boiler_bd 03-26-2007 01:29 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria
 
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you. It's impossible to try to figure out which level the saboteur is thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. which is why i voted 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may apply to future days but if he had an action last night he probably sabatoges the most interesting choice.

From here on out we might want to consider a better way to come up with a choice. Theoretically if everyone just sends in what they feel like the sabateur should have >33% chance to find what is selected.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.