Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   My first NL post. A2s in the CO. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382339)

Grease 04-18-2007 08:33 PM

My first NL post. A2s in the CO.

This is my first NL post, so take it easy on me if I suck at NL/life. The players in question are very loose, but not that passive. They're not LAG, but they're not nits either.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($33.20)
MP2 ($21.25)
MP3 ($64.55)
Hero ($25.85)
Button ($25.95)
SB ($19.25)
BB ($24.45)
UTG ($23.20)
UTG+1 ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.35) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.75</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $1.5</font>, Hero...

pterodactyl_ 04-18-2007 09:02 PM

Re: My first NL post. A2s in the CO.

This is a tough spot and I'm not sure if my advice is any good but this is what I would do.
I would call and not reopen the betting to MP3. See what UTG does and go from there. It's possible you're against a set and the A of hearts. Unfortunately you could also be against a made flush/higher straight. It sucks letting high hearts draw cheaply but I think its better than getting pot committed when you may be drawing dead.
I'd try and see the turn cheap and re-evaluate where I am at in the hand (i.e. fold to most turn scare cards if villains keep putting pressure on).

SMACK BOOTY 04-18-2007 10:36 PM

Re: My first NL post. A2s in the CO.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a tough spot and I'm not sure if my advice is any good but this is what I would do.
I would call and not reopen the betting to MP3. See what UTG does and go from there. It's possible you're against a set and the A of hearts. Unfortunately you could also be against a made flush/higher straight. It sucks letting high hearts draw cheaply but I think its better than getting pot committed when you may be drawing dead.
I'd try and see the turn cheap and re-evaluate where I am at in the hand (i.e. fold to most turn scare cards if villains keep putting pressure on).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm not going crazy with the @ss end of a str8 with this board. I think I'm calling reasonable bets on the turn and river with safe cards hitting. I just hope villians don't force me into a stack decision, cuz I'm probly folding if they do.