Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   200NL - flush facing weird action when board pairs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556894)

gjim 11-29-2007 12:09 AM

200NL - flush facing weird action when board pairs

First orbit at the table and villain is unknown. I've seen him limp a previous hand so I was assuming hes generally passive.

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $218.65
BB: $234
UTG: $516.10
Hero (CO): $199
BTN: $346.15

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $8

Flop: ($23) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, UTG calls $16

Turn: ($55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $38</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $76</font>

Snap fold or snap shove?

Min reraises from unknowns always confuse me. His flop play to this point seemed consistent w/ how a passive player would play a set, but I dont know if hes the type to limp JJ and there arent many other set combinations. I guess bigger flushes are out there, but it seems like an odd card to suddenly wake up and start betting on. All that said, its a minraise which could mean any number of things depending on the player and people just do weird [censored] sometimes.

shpanko 11-29-2007 12:10 AM

Re: 200NL - flush facing weird action when board pairs

shove, I'm not crazy about it though

hagbard celine 11-29-2007 12:49 AM

You shoved, he snap called with 22255, and you were sitting there scratching your head.

You then posted the hand, deciding to throw in your one-orbit read on Villain, I guess in case you got flamed?

Close?

early325 11-29-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You shoved, he snap called with 22255, and you were sitting there scratching your head.

You then posted the hand, deciding to throw in your one-orbit read on Villain, I guess in case you got flamed?

Close?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not helpful to OP in any way.

fwiw, i think villain is much more likely to have a flush here than a boat.

hagbard celine 11-29-2007 01:34 AM

you're right.

There aren't too many flushes we beat here, and without any solid reads I don't assume that he's check-minraising the turn with just the As.

gjim 11-29-2007 01:43 AM

shpanko, what hand that check minraises the turn are you expecting to get value from? As5x, any random 5, maybe AsJx or 64ss although I'd think these would be less likely?

[ QUOTE ]
Close?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I folded the hand and posted because I fight a constant battle against being weak tight. Thank you for your insight though.
EDIT: love your loc btw hagbard