Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530915)

Riku 10-25-2007 06:20 AM

AK

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero...

If he had like AT, A6, TT, flush, i'd expect him to raise on the flop or turn. But here it looks like he thinks Ax is good enough. Put in a 3bet ?

Bulletproof Monk 10-25-2007 06:23 AM

Re: AK

AQ 3bet

killsadie 10-25-2007 07:15 AM

i 3bet and cry when capped

scpi10 10-25-2007 08:56 AM

grunch

I'd 3 bet, he raises the trun with all the hands you mention. Although he could have 44 and waited to see if the flush came in. Still a 3 bet IMO.

Absolution 10-25-2007 09:51 AM

If he can only have trip aces (i.e. A2s+, A6o+) then you should raise, but it's thin. If there is a significant chance he's slowplaying here you should call. For example, if you add 44 to his range, in addition to all of the aces, you should just call.

JerBear77 10-25-2007 10:12 AM

I think AJ and AQ is likely also here. Im tempted to raise and fold to a cap but i don't know if that's right because of the size of the pot.

Call seems weak tho.

I think call and R/F is pretty equal in value here IMO. In the battle i would be calling here.

Mitke 10-25-2007 10:20 AM

Villain's line is really weird.

AT, A4, A6, 44, TT would all probably put in some more action at some point with the monotone flop there. Although a weakling could play AT/A4/A6 like this in fear of a ready made flush.

What would be the point of raising here with AX, X &lt; T? Only better hands or hands that split will call - and none of them fold. So that'd leave AQ or AJ that think they are good now or a monster.

To me this looks like either a slowplayed flush (something like KQs-KTs, QJ-QT or JT) or (AK/)AQ/AJ or sometimes AT/A4/A6. Slowplayed flush would only be worried about a higher flush and AA/AT/TT. A6/A4 do not open that often from UTG.

I don't feel confident enough to 3-bet in fear of a cap I wouldn't find a fold to.

tyler_cracker 10-25-2007 12:45 PM

in the games i play, i call the river and get shown a stupid flush a lot, and AT sometimes. ymmv, of course, but i would just call.

shuinthehouse 10-25-2007 12:56 PM

I'd call, unkwown villain could easily have played a flopped flush this way thinking it's the best way to get your mobnies, i.e. you are most likely to call a raise on the river. Pocket 10's could play the same way. Also, he's raising a PFR who bet the whole way on a paired board with 3 to a flush. I don't think we're good the 2/3 times you need to be to raise-call. If we can raise-fold maybe, but I don't like it.

B2_eBoogaloo 10-25-2007 01:00 PM

If he was feeling weak with a flopped set or AT, now he likes his hand. He could also be weak with a baby flush, and was holding out in case a 4th [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fell. He certainly could have weaker trips a lot, or maybe a retarded hand, on a bluff-raise attempt. However, I think this is one of those situations where you should 3-bet only if you feel comfortable folding to a cap. And that sounds like spew to me, so I would call.