Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   M-pair and flush draw on flop vs. huge all-in re-raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386659)

dividius 04-23-2007 10:38 PM

M-pair and flush draw on flop vs. huge all-in re-raise

From a home game. 0.10/0.20 blinds, $20 buy ins. I have ~$35, villain has ~$22-23, the rest of the table is between $10-25. 7 players at the table.

Game is loose, passive, and very weak, but with the occasional huge overbet, as we'll discuss here. I'm known as a LAGier player in the group. They know I'm more aggressive than most, so I usually get action. Most of the action has come on later streets. I should be cleaning up at this table, and so far, I am. Villain UTG is real loose and real bad. A live one. Easily goes on tilt. In fact, he probably already is, as he just re-bought about 5-10 minutes ago.

Hero in SB w. 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG raises to 0.50, 1 fold, 3 callers. Hero calls in SB, BB calls. 6 to the flop, $3.00 in the pot.

Flop comes
10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets $3, BB folds, Villain raises to $22 all-in, 4 folds to Hero.

He immediately went all-in after I bet. Not a moment's hesitation. I've got ~$32 in my stack at this point. There's now ~$28 in the pot and it's ~$19 to me, so I'm getting a little worse than 3:2 on a call. However, I'm also getting implied tilt odds, as I know he'll re-buy if he loses and end up pissing that $20 away. Not only that, he'll specifically be looking to get it from me, and I'll have a lot of ammo to fight him. If I lose the hand, I still believe I have a decent chance of getting all those chips back, and then some.

I thought about it for a minute or so, eventually put him on AA, AK, KQ, or K10, and called, thinking the only hand I really didn't want to see was a set. Even if he has a monster draw like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I'm still getting the right price to call.

Am I over analyzing an easy call? Since I feel I'm the best player at the table, I think I was right to consider folding and waiting for a better spot. In the end, the pot size combined with the implied tilt odds were too juicy for me to pass up. But I had to give some thought to folding, given the large flop raise at a table that had been pretty passive on the flop, right? When you consider yourself the best player at the table, do you consciously avoid large all-in clashes like this, and try to chip away? Or do you look at this as a great opportunity to get a ton of chips, and then bully the table? The strength of my hand made this decision easier, but it did get me thinking about these questions.