Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   too weird or too good? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403182)

mike l. 05-14-2007 08:25 PM

too weird or too good?

20-40 so so game. guy i dont know who seems mediocre but he's only been there five minutes, raises utg. guy who is too loose and not good, but kind of aggressive at times, calls. i decide to call w/ QhTh on the button because it's the button and ive been playing no hands. the bb who is bad calls.

the flop is QJJ with one heart. utg bets, next guy calls, and i fold.

??????

ILOVEPOKER929 05-14-2007 08:34 PM

Re: too weird or too good?

[ QUOTE ]
20-40 so so game. guy i dont know who seems mediocre but he's only been there five minutes, raises utg. guy who is too loose and not good, but kind of aggressive at times, calls. i decide to call w/ QhTh on the button because it's the button and ive been playing no hands. the bb who is bad calls.

the flop is QJJ with one heart. utg bets, next guy calls, and i fold.

??????

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it. Flop fold look really bad.

surfdoc 05-14-2007 08:35 PM

I am going to be the first on into this thread and predict that it will have a whole bunch of responses followed by you not being able to explain why what you did was right and everyone else was wrong.

Seriously though, I just can't fold here. I don't take this past the first or second level and just think I have top piar against some guy who just con-bet the flop and some other dude who just called. If you want to play cautiously then just call but don't fold yet.

drbk2 05-14-2007 08:35 PM

Wow. Why play QTs then?

PokerBob 05-14-2007 08:37 PM

the guy in the middle has a jack just about every time, so i guess it's fine.

and fold preflop, but you knew that.

private joker 05-14-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the guy in the middle has a jack just about every time,

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think he does. On a JJ5 board, yeah. But on a QJJ board, he can have plenty of straight draws that smack a cold-caller in the face: T9s, AT, KT, 98s, etc. I would call now because if he does have a J he'll wake up on the turn. If the PFR bets again, he likely has us beat.

But right now, we're closing the action and we have a decent hand. We have position, so let's use it. Call and see what happens on the turn.

goofball 05-14-2007 09:17 PM

In my opinion calling is much better than raising or folding.

jstill 05-14-2007 09:25 PM

Pbob im with joker on that, middle guy can have tons of hands here, except I dont think even on JJ5 u could conclude he has to have a J given his player description every PP and probably most A his or UI high cards he ll peel. UTG could easily be betting any hand he raised here as well into 3 but thats more suspect, but again we dont have a read so I dont think we can fold.

Mike would u fold KQ here? AQ? what was ur thinking, reverse implied odds or something, or u just didnt know what u would do on future streets and didnt want to get involved (thats my best guess)? u dont have a read thta says either players actions so far necessarily mean much of anything.

I think u should call a flop bet here and then u can consider ditching the turn if utg bets into 3 players on the turn or if it gets raised infront of u. I think in a vacuum it has to be a profitable call but i guess the contention would be the cost of mistakes on future streets. Does that out weigh the value of giving up ur equity in this pot for one sb? i doubt it but i duno.

mike l. 05-14-2007 09:34 PM

to answer now would be bad as i got dirnk. i will anser in the morning.

mike l. 05-14-2007 09:53 PM

"the guy in the middle has a jack just about every time"

are you being serious or joking around?