Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Help (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Window off screen - atl+spc doesn't work (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524889)

BadgerPro 10-17-2007 09:36 AM

Window off screen - atl+spc doesn\'t work

Ok, I moved the Poker Stars main lobby header off of my monitor somehow. I've tried using alt+spacebar to move it but when I hit alt+spacebar it puts my cursor in the announcement bar in the PStars lobby and using the cursors only scrolls up and down trough the announcements.

So how does my dumb ass get the window back?

nuclear500 10-17-2007 10:08 AM

Re: Window off screen - atl+spc doesn\'t work

You should be able to right click on the task bar icon for pokerstars and choose "move" there and then use the keyboard.

BadgerPro 10-17-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be able to right click on the task bar icon for pokerstars and choose "move" there and then use the keyboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happens when I do that:

I right click the main lobby on the taskbar, select move, and it puts the cursor over the 'announcements' section of the Stars window and the arrow bars will only scroll up and down the announcements.

nuclear500 10-17-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happens when I do that:

I right click the main lobby on the taskbar, select move, and it puts the cursor over the 'announcements' section of the Stars window and the arrow bars will only scroll up and down the announcements.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just installed 'stars here at work and yah, I see what you're talking about now.

Wow, good game 'Stars, way to break the standard Windows API's. This is why Windows is claimed to be unstable - companies can't conform to what Microsofts API's are and conflicts arise. /rant

Do this, it seemed to work for me when I "simulated" this happening.

Do the Alt+Space then M for move (or taskbar click) and instead immediately click and drag the window. The mouse cursor is being moved to the title bar, so no matter "where" the title bar is, the mouse cursor will be over it and you should be able to then click and drag the Window.

BadgerPro 10-17-2007 12:46 PM

Ugh, I'm retardedd or maybe I just can't get anything to work.

nuclear500 10-17-2007 02:13 PM

Blame it on the Badgers getting crushed this past weekend by Penn.

I'm not sure what else to try at the moment, so if anybody else can come up with something otherwise I'll see if I can dink around later tonight.

Beavis68 10-17-2007 02:20 PM

how about uninstalling stars and downloading it again?

nuclear500 10-18-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how about uninstalling stars and downloading it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the easy way out. Clearly you aren't a geek or you'd be trying to figure it out. Plus it may not necessarily fix the problem.

On that note: Any luck BadgerPro?

Josem 10-18-2007 11:04 PM

try:

alt+space

m

left arrow

move mouse