Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   JIHAD STRIKES (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551281)

DblBarrelJ 11-21-2007 07:33 AM

JIHAD STRIKES

Video

A friend sent me this. I'm curious to know who'll be offended and who'll find this amusing.

Basically, we have a parody video for a firearms company. Lets see what everyone's opinions are here.

Bedreviter 11-21-2007 07:39 AM

Re: JIHAD STRIKES

[ QUOTE ]
Video

A friend sent me this. I'm curious to know who'll be offended and who'll find this amusing.

Basically, we have a parody video for a firearms company. Lets see what everyone's opinions are here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not offensive at all, and still more offensive than amusing. Thats 2 minutes wasted.

DblBarrelJ 11-21-2007 08:21 AM

Actually, I am offended by the portrayal of Muslims in this video, but I do agree with the statement that "every responsible citizen is armed."

I can't believe you weren't offended by this portrayal.

tame_deuces 11-21-2007 08:26 AM

If you can't make fun of a culture you're probably positively discriminating against it. Unless you don't make fun of people and silly stereotypes as a general principle.

Bedreviter 11-21-2007 08:38 AM

Whats offensive by the portrayal of 3 supposedly muslim men as jihadist warriors?

Taso 11-21-2007 08:40 AM

yo, don't make fun of muslims. Remember when that guy drew a cartoon of Mohammed, and muslims rioted and killed people???

Bedreviter 11-21-2007 08:43 AM

Yeah, Im Norwegian and those bastards stormed and burned a couple of our embassies.

bdk3clash 11-21-2007 09:32 AM

As a Comedic-American I'm offended by how not funny that was.

Kaj 11-21-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but I do agree with the statement that "every responsible citizen is armed."

[/ QUOTE ]

So I live in a safe neighborhood, less than a block from the police station, with children in the house, and there's little I own that I'd want to risk my or anyone else's life for. But I am irresponsible because I don't have a gun. Sheeesh. I fully support the right for you to be armed. I also fully support the right to be unarmed.

Edit: Oh and I didn't even mention my 100 lb German Shepherd.

DblBarrelJ 11-21-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...but I do agree with the statement that "every responsible citizen is armed."

[/ QUOTE ]

So I live in a safe neighborhood, less than a block from the police station, with children in the house, and there's little I own that I'd want to risk my or anyone else's life for. But I am irresponsible because I don't have a gun. Sheeesh. I fully support the right for you to be armed. I also fully support the right to be unarmed.

Edit: Oh and I didn't even mention my 100 lb German Shepherd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, I stated my opinion. If you want to be unarmed, go right ahead. If you're too stupid to realize you're putting your family at risk, that's an argument worth having. If you're just willing to admit that a dog provides enough safety to make you comfortable, we'll agree to disagree.

I will argue with you if you think you don't "need" a weapon to be safe though.