Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   should I play this live game? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350384)

RoundTower 03-08-2007 05:33 PM

should I play this live game?

where I am at the moment there's apparently exactly one live poker game. I haven't seen it but heard the details from someone who has played it.

It is NLHE, goes 10 handed and occasionally a bit less. Running ante of $10, with no blinds, and it is free to come in (i.e. you can open check).

Min buyin is $400 and most of the players buy in for that. However most of them are pretty wealthy and have a lot of rebuys. I don't know exactly how big the game plays later on but I think there is no cap.

The players sound really bad, like live 1-2 bad. Not sure if there are any tough spots but definitely some big fish.

The catch: rake 5% uncapped. Also the fact that it is the only game in town and could be full or not going when I get down there, but assume I can get into the game no trouble.

Assume I'm bankrolled for this game and have nothing better to do. Also that I'm not retarded at poker though i don't have much NL experience. Should I play?

Hindsight2020 03-08-2007 06:01 PM

Re: should I play this live game?

[ QUOTE ]
Running ante of $10, with no blinds, and it is free to come in (i.e. you can open check).

[/ QUOTE ]
crazy

PF pots are gonna be massive, with a ton of people seeing the flop

you're gonna have to make some massive strategy adjustments, PF, but i'm not sure what they should be, yet

DJ Sensei 03-08-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Running ante of $10, with no blinds, and it is free to come in (i.e. you can open check).

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does that mean?

captainwacky 03-08-2007 06:37 PM

it's like one massive blind battle.. I like it!

dd323 03-08-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is the big blind.. its a 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10 game..

Reef 03-08-2007 08:22 PM

so a standard pfr of like $100 ? with $400 avg stacks ... lol.

RoundTower 03-08-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is the big blind.. its a 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10 game..

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that's probably the best way to explain it. I guess action starts to the left of the button preflop as well as postflop, though I don't know for sure.

Normally in a game like this (with no blinds) you have to open for some amount, say it might be $50 to come in so the first guy has to bet $50 or fold. Here you can just limp in for $0, that was the distinction I was making.

DJ Sensei 03-08-2007 08:58 PM

Seems like you're best off shoving anything good preflop, if you have 400 and theres 100 in the pot. i assume thats not how its played though.

tagtastic 03-08-2007 09:04 PM

Yeah seriously, with decent players there would almost never be a hand where someone (or multiple people) were all-in preflop.

RoundTower 03-09-2007 08:38 PM

What hands am I going to get it in with preflop though?

Lets say it goes limp, limp, limp to me and I have 400 as do most of the others. I can't really shove 88 here, can I? with 9 players still having live hands. Also I have to err on the side of tightness since the rake is so high.

Just wait and shove big hands and hope to get paid off? Given I only have enough chips to fold 40 hands this seems a bit optimistic.