Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Departed: help me with a few loose ends. Spoilers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316170)

hyde 01-26-2007 11:36 PM

The Departed: help me with a few loose ends. Spoilers

really great movie.

1. Did the plot line ever indicate that the shrink opened the envelope DiCaprio gave her? Question 3?

2. Towards the end Matt Damon is in his building with groceries and a woman with a dog avoids him disdainfully and pulls the dog away as he tries to pat it. Why?

3. And immediately after that he gets shot. Is the shooter yet another informer or just a vigilante?

ty

React1oN 01-26-2007 11:56 PM

Re: The Departed: help me with a few loose ends. Spoilers

Matt Damon gets shot by Lt. Dingham or whatever his name was(one of my fav characters in the movie fwiw)

Riverman 01-27-2007 12:07 AM

Dude, Matt Damon's killer was a pretty major character. How could you miss that?

hyde 01-27-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Matt Damon gets shot by Lt. Dingham or whatever his name was(one of my fav characters in the movie fwiw)

[/ QUOTE ]

but was he another informer? or just an otherwise good cop seeking revenge for Martin Sheens character getting killed?

MikeNaked 01-27-2007 12:12 AM

I always assumed that the envelope was how Dingham knew that Damon's character was the informant.

22803 01-27-2007 12:35 AM

1 ) Pretty sure she opened it...it held the tape which proved Matt Damon as a rat.

2) Possibly the dog just doesn't like him? Or it's some type of foreshadowing.

3) It was Lt. Mark Walhberg, pretty sure he knew all along and just hated matt damon.

LionelHutz00 01-27-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always assumed that the envelope was how Dingham knew that Damon's character was the informant.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me too. is there any other explanation that makes sense? other than Marky Mark just having a hunch that Damon was the mole?

imitation 01-27-2007 01:29 AM

Marky Mark was a rat as well, I thought that was a given.

bobman0330 01-27-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me too. is there any other explanation that makes sense? other than Marky Mark just having a hunch that Damon was the mole?

[/ QUOTE ]

He knew that DiCaprio wasn't a bad guy, so he must have known that Damon's story was BS.

meep_42 01-27-2007 03:37 AM

How did the shrink know how to get in contact with Dingham? As I recall, she'd never met him, and if DiCaprio's character knew how to get ahold of him, he'd have done it himself.

-d