Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   God this feels weak/tight... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497232)

jr4284 09-09-2007 06:36 PM

God this feels weak/tight...

Villain is 20/16/2 over 80 hands, hasn't gotten tremendously out of line, but I did see him c/r a 233 flop with A8.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

mvoss 09-09-2007 07:02 PM

Re: God this feels weak/tight...

I think the converter screwed up the preflop action. If you're in the SB I think this is a fold preflop.

I'd bet/fold the turn.

Absolution 09-09-2007 09:10 PM

Assuming you're out of position, that turn position really sucks and I don't think there is an easy way to play it, especially against a decent player like this. As to what play loses the least here I don't know. I suspect it's bet/fold against this guy because he seems a little straight forward. By betting the turn you say that you're not afraid of the A and that will at least make him think a bit before trying to bluff you off of your K with something like QQ. Check folding is obviously the worst play. Maybe Heisenb3rg would suggest bet/3-bet here since that's the perfect bluff card (I'm half kidding.)

numbnuts007 09-09-2007 10:33 PM

Seems to me that the turn makes it a WA/WB situation and I start check calling down.

Rev. Good Will 09-09-2007 11:13 PM

Assuming that villain is CO, and your are BB (since you are in one of the blind spots), I like everything till turn. I think b/f-b/f is good, as villian will likely call down with 88-QQ, and usually is only raising with hands that beat you.

I would like c/c, c/c if the board was 2 tone, or at least had some draws to leave some semi-bluffing opportunities for villain, or make villain think that we c/r semi bluffed and didn't follow through with another bluff on a draw, and have him "value bet" us with 88-QQ

yourface 09-09-2007 11:23 PM

I'm not folding anywhere
people like to represent aces

sweetjazz 09-09-2007 11:32 PM

Against this opponent, preflop is probably a fold. Given where you are, you should check/call turn and reevaluate the river.

Villain will often bet hands like 99 on the turn when checked to and then check behind the river. That possibility plus the fact that you usually have some outs when behind makes this the best line imho. (Also, the fact that when you're ahead of villain, he's drawing slim, so you don't mind him taking a free card.)

GrindingIt 09-09-2007 11:56 PM

Really, really bad.

sharpie 09-10-2007 04:02 AM

I would consider bet/calling the turn and check/folding the river if he can be trusted on the river. Check/calling down the turn will rarely get 2 bets in when we're ahead.

Edit: Also c/c, c/f is an option, but I'd be weary of that, there are some worse hands he can think he's valuebetting on the river, let alone the slim chance he bluffs.

Misja 09-10-2007 04:05 AM

Something is wrong with the hand history.
It starts with 'Hero is SB .. Hero posts a blind of $2'. That is the amount of the big blind, not the small blind.
Then:
1 fold, UTG raises, 2 folds, Hero (poster) calls.
Who folded before UTG spoke?? And again Hero seems to be BB, not SB.

Anyway, I don't see much point in CR'ing the flop. The CR will leave you OOP, I would just check-call all the way and bet-fold the river.
As played, I would check-call the turn. Villain could just have some pocket pair and have bet to test the water.