Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFL Pro-bowl plan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=494263)

Case Closed 09-05-2007 03:16 PM

NFL Pro-bowl plan

I was just watching outside the lines and there was an interview with Goddell(sp) and they were discussing a new idea on the pro-bowl. He wants to change it so that the pro-bowl will be in the week before the super bowl. None of the super-bowl players will be allowed to play in the bowl.

I think it might be a pretty decent idea to change things up like that. It will give something more interesting during that middle week between the super bowl.

Thoughts on the possible change?

vixticator 09-05-2007 03:34 PM

Re: NFL Pro-bowl plan

This is surprisingly a good idea. I wonder if they would at least show up to the pro bowl as part of the Superbowl weekly event? Seems plausible. Less people would participate IMO but more people would watch. I'd say give it a shot.

edit: Move pro bowl to Superbowl city too. Any mention of this or Hawaii still?

LBJ 09-05-2007 03:39 PM

He mentioned that it would give the NFL a very climactic end with the Super Bowl and I completely agree with him.

Seemed pretty confident about it, and said it would not be done this year because of commitments but should be done by the 08-09 season. I like it..

PokerFink 09-05-2007 05:58 PM

I saw this interview as well. I like the idea a lot.

Keep the ProBowl in Hawaii though. It's a nice vacation for everyone involved (I'm not talking about players, but all the people involved who can't afford to go to Hawaii whenever they want).

SBR 09-05-2007 06:16 PM

This would be a good change. If they wanted to make it a great change give each person on the winning team 100 grand.

Mr November 09-05-2007 07:07 PM

This is an excellent idea and I'm sure it would be very beneficial to the NFL.

BGnight 09-05-2007 07:36 PM

Anything is better than what they have now. How about monetary compensation/prize for the winning team?

vixticator 09-05-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything is better than what they have now. How about monetary compensation/prize for the winning team?

[/ QUOTE ]I believe winning team does get paid more.

BGnight 09-05-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I believe winning team does get paid more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it needs to be more considering most the starters are already getting paid bank.

Tyler Durden 09-05-2007 07:45 PM

Goodell should also switch the Super Bowl to Saturday night.

Thoughts?