Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Great Foxwoods ad seen during sox/yanks game (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489932)

twistedbeats 08-30-2007 01:54 PM

Great Foxwoods ad seen during sox/yanks game

this guy's playing internet poker in his basement. his hole cards are jack five offsuit. the board's J8735. he wins, and the screen flashes "WINNER!" so he stands up and starts shouting "YEAH! I WIN! I AM A WINNER! YEAHHHH!" i guess the ad is supposed to say how brick and mortar poker isn't rigged or something, because i can't help but thinking that this is a completely accurate depiction of the average internet poker player.

Sportsfreak 08-30-2007 06:23 PM

Re: Great Foxwoods ad seen during sox/yanks game

[x] needs the video linked

highsteptd 08-30-2007 06:30 PM

video > 1000 words

zer0 08-30-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess the ad is supposed to say how brick and mortar poker isn't rigged or something,

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly the ad is trying to say if you want to play poker, get out of your parents basement and head to a live poker room (i mean, the guy looks around and trails off as he's shouting "im a winner")

Gary Stevenson 08-30-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i guess the ad is supposed to say how brick and mortar poker isn't rigged or something,

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly the ad is trying to say if you want to play poker, get out of your parents basement and head to a live poker room (i mean, the guy looks around and trails off as he's shouting "im a winner")

[/ QUOTE ]
yep. lol@ op's thinking

Diana Ross Fan 08-30-2007 09:58 PM

Ahhh. They're saying that no one at Foxwoods would play a J-5!

ajml 08-30-2007 10:38 PM

this ad sucks

rminusq 08-30-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because at a live poker room, when you start yeling I'M A WINNER, everyone cheers with you. Even the people whose money you just took.

NanaAnna 08-30-2007 11:53 PM

Foxwoods has another ad where the guys are playing poker with food (Pretzels, cookies, etc), and it seems only 1 of them knows the value of each one while the others think they are snacks, or a smaller denomination....LOL

The tag line is that Foxwoods is the only place in New England where you can play poker, so I guess they don't have Poker at Mohegan Sun. Are there plans for Poker at Mohegan Sun in the future?

LethargicMule 08-30-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this ad sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmhmm...you go girl.