Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Implied tilt odds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533734)

SNOWBALL 10-29-2007 08:01 AM

Implied tilt odds

Hollywood park 15/30

So this bastard James who is carrying a knife, and told me he would run me over in the parking lot raises in hijack. He hates me.
Anyway, he raises a ton so I 3 bet him with KTs.

HU to the flop of AQJ 2 hearts.

He checks. I bet. He calls.

I think he hit this flop pretty well, because he called so damn quickly and he is quiet. He tends to talk a ton when he has something marginal.

Anyway, turn is a ten of hearts.

I think the best +ev line is to bet vs his turn check, but I know he is betcalling any non heart river with like 100% of his range, so I check, because I want to berate him when this happens and he doesn't have a K.

silly?

that_pope 10-29-2007 08:09 AM

Re: Implied tilt odds

No idea, but I wouldn't find it wise to try to insult someone with a knife who has already threatened you, and to top it all off, you are playing at Hollywood Park...

SNOWBALL 10-29-2007 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No idea, but I wouldn't find it wise to try to insult someone with a knife who has already threatened you, and to top it all off, you are playing at Hollywood Park...

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. he's an old short white guy who thinks he is a bad ass and wears sunglasses indoors.. I'm an semi-athletic 23 year old who knows judo and kickboxing. Not worried.

BadBigBabar 10-29-2007 08:37 AM

nc thread

also pics of stabbing or it didn't happen

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jskills 10-29-2007 10:02 AM

I'd just bet while you're still (hopefully) ahead. Sounds like he's got some Ace and will call down no matter.

It sounds like you're thinking is that you're getting 2 BB from him on the late streets whether you bet the turn and river or check the turn and raise the river, but another heart on the river (aside from beating you) could kill your action if he doesn't have a heart anyway.

BeakWetter 10-29-2007 10:48 AM

I bet the turn and any brick river. Proceed to turn the winner over, put him on tilt, and judo chop his old short ass right in the beak.

pocketpared 10-29-2007 11:46 AM

If/when you beat him in the hand ask if that's a hari-kari knife or if he just uses it to cut buy-ins off his bankroll. That is, if you really think you have the better of him in a non-verbal confrontation. One time this 5'5" armed off-duty Asian transit cop was so incensed at my partner sending him to an ATM for stake money then changing the offer he started waving his gun and threatened to kill everyone downstairs in the pool hall. I told him to stand up when he threatened me. Oddly enough, it had a calming effect.

andyfox 10-29-2007 12:00 PM

You want to berate someone who you know carries a knife and has told you he wants to run you over in the parking lot? Teh best +ev line is to not play there ever again.

jkamowitz 10-29-2007 12:04 PM

The term is "tilt equity"

I coined it, I use it, now I want to share it.

nineinchal 10-29-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The term is "tilt equity"

I coined it, I use it, now I want to share it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we will use "tilt equity in a sentence:

I won $1,000 in a 10/20 limit game this weekend due to my tilt equity.