Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539682)

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:17 PM

PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

Why is PokerStars so cheap when it comes to freerolls? And now Fulltilt? Didn't FullTilt used to have freerolls every 3 hours? Now it looks like they're and only having 1 a day, or am I mistaken. It disgusts me to see how cheap PokerStars is when it comes to freerolls compared to every other site on the planet. Why do you all play there? Or am I just overlooking lots of freerolls, since it's hard to navigate the list of tournaments in the clients. Am I wrong for wondering why should I play a cheapass Hubble just to qualify for a later tournament that I could play any day at other sites without having to waste 8 hours on a satellite tourney. SO CHEAP

These are great sites with freerolls that I know of offhand:
Bodog
Doyle's Room
Ultimate Bet
Carbon

(I guess I should mention Absolute Poker, since I've never seen potripper playing the freerolls)

Sorry to FullTilt poker if I'm mistaken and they still have a freeroll every 3 hours, but from what I could make out, they're gone.

plzleenowhammy 11-06-2007 01:21 PM

Re: FullTilt and PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

just ask someone to give you 10 bucks or something... it will be more successful than playing 3k player tournaments for hours.

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:24 PM

Re: FullTilt and PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

I think freerolls are good ways of starting a bankroll. By the time you make any money on a freeroll, you've proven you can win. Yes, I realize the play style is different, but you still learn a ton of things. If someone just gave me 10 bucks in the beginning, I would've just lost it and not appreciated the value of it.

Bakes 11-06-2007 01:24 PM

Re: PokerStars Freeroll Cheapness

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you all play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz we dont play freerolls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:26 PM

the reason pokerstars isn't handing money out to you is because they are saving it for players who play on their site. i believe stars gives away the most freeroll money of any site...you just have to earn a few fpps to play them.

BrandiFan 11-06-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you all play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz we dont play freerolls [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Really? And all this time I thought you were the 100+r FPP baller...

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:27 PM

Yeah you do. The Hubbles fill up fast. It's hilarious.

Qrawl 11-06-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reason pokerstars isn't handing money out to you is because they are saving it for players who play on their site. i believe stars gives away the most freeroll money of any site...you just have to earn a few fpps to play them.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, not even close. Right now , for US players, they basically have 1 freeroll a week you can play, the Negreanu Millions qualifier, which is a good freeroll, but you can only play it once a week. So you have 1 chance a week at that. After that, it's back to ... Hubbles

Would it put that big of a dent in PokerStars balance sheet to throw in $100 into the Hubbles?

SofaKing420 11-06-2007 01:33 PM

OP. Freerolls be un balla get some dolllahs yo!

augie_ 11-06-2007 01:37 PM

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tournaments/freerolls/

i was simply answering your question as to why pokerstars doesn't give away a lot of free money to people like you. they are very generous to players who pay rake on their site. get a paper route and deposit $10, that will be more than enough to grind out 30 fpps per day at...what's the polar opposite of "nosebleed" stakes