Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is This Cheating? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365216)

KipBond 03-27-2007 09:41 AM

Is This Cheating?

You see someone's hole cards, but don't say anything to them or the rest of the table. Is this cheating? (Assume this player and several others are still in the hand.)

(I'm posting this poll in response to DS's post: Is This Cheating?)

Howard Beale 03-27-2007 10:01 AM

Re: Is This Cheating?

My approach (which I think is pretty standard) is to tell the person who lets me see his cards that I can see his cards ONE time.

StevieG 03-27-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My approach (which I think is pretty standard) is to tell the person who lets me see his cards that I can see his cards ONE time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

northkent 03-27-2007 10:26 AM

Totally agree. Tell them one time and after that, it's on them.

AngusThermopyle 03-27-2007 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ask him loud enough so the rest of the table is aware of the situation?

ScottHoward 03-27-2007 10:42 AM

its not cheating and you never have to tell him, not even once.

GoodCallYouWin 03-27-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its not cheating and you never have to tell him, not even once.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it's unethical not to, and you feel better when you do. Plus you get the chance to make the statement "I want your money sir, just not like that".

arod18 03-27-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

ScottHoward 03-27-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]if you think its wrong, it doesnt matter how many times you tell him, its still wrong. telling him once or 100 times doesnt make it right.

KipBond 03-27-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]if you think its wrong, it doesnt matter how many times you tell him, its still wrong. telling him once or 100 times doesnt make it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

But not AS wrong as not telling him at all. What's even more important here is that the other people at the table need to know that you have a significant (unfair) advantage over them.

I'm disillusioned that so many people don't think this is cheating. It's good to know, for sure. Now I have to keep a good eye out for anyone that is cheating (in my book) by looking at someone else's cards, so I can know not to play with them. This makes the game less fun, IMO. The fact (so far) that 2/3 of the players out there may be cheating and don't think it's cheating... sucks.